- NON Member
- Joined:Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:19 pm
- Whats your location?:Cork
- What Minis have you?:Classic Mini Cooper s 2000 reg
Bmw Mini cooper 2008
i have an unmodified mini cooper s 00 G 23 and it overheats and bubbles after a few miles driving .
changed the thermostat
up graded the coolant .
replaced the water pump
checked the electrics on the fan and all ok .
oil is clean and fresh so i am not suspecting a head gasket. any ideas or anybody in the south of the ountry that might take a look .?
- IMOC Paid Member
- Joined:Mon May 09, 2005 12:49 pm
- Whats your location?:Roscommon
- What Minis have you?:1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate
Long time no hear and great to see that you still have the Cooper. I've had a few Mpi's and there are two known problems with overheating:
1. The filler cap on the reservoir not maintaining pressure. A lot of overmarket caps were crap;
2. Part of the wiring loom was upgraded in later years but perhaps your 2000 already has that fix.
Try the filler cap first and see how you got on.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests