Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Car spraying

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

BJC01
NON Member

Car spraying

Post by BJC01 »

Im looking to get spray job done on my mini and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice as to where to go and the costs of getting it done? would I be better off going up the North price wise?

dublincooper
NON Member

Post by dublincooper »

Depending on where you are. If your near the Dublin area i would recomend contacting Paul Kelly of Minifix. He is listed under garages in the golden pages. He will certainly know about getting a top job done.
stephenlovesminis
NON Member

car spraying

Post by stephenlovesminis »

hi, read your post on mini site. if u are in or near galway Pat Flynn near loughrea makes a good job he is spraying my uncles mini and helpin me wit mine. he makes a nice job of it!!!!
BJC01
NON Member

Post by BJC01 »

im in dublin yea... how much approx do u know would it cost to get the whole thing resprayed?
dublincooper
NON Member

Post by dublincooper »

You would need to get the car looked at. It is never possible to pluck a price on a respray as it all depends on what hides beneath the current paint. You may need extensive panel work also.

look up minifix in the golden pages and ask for Paul Kelly. Arrange a visit. he is near Croke park

he will provide first class advise
BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Post by BlackSe7en »

Got quoted €500 to respray the roof only . This also will involve a little repair work caused by roofbars that wore away some of the undercoat.
So a full car respray would probably cost in the region of €1500 to €2000 depending who you go to and how good the sprayer is. Also if they don't really want to do the work they will give you an outragious quote.
chrisbonnie
NON Member

Post by chrisbonnie »

blackseven, where was it you got quoted that?

im in need of a spray painter myself soon enough to do a few wheel arches for me