Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

1990 998cc Austin Mini Black (White Roof)

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

SteGal
NON Member
Whats your location?: Co.Mayo
Ireland
Region: Western

1990 998cc Austin Mini Black (White Roof)

Post by SteGal »

Heres the story
Bought my mini last christmas time (Dec 2011) it looked like this

looked pretty clean in fairness after a good wast it turned out like this
well impressed so i was! :)
so i drove it (in the frosty weather) for two weeks! would have stayed driving it quite happily but i had only changed over my insurance saying that the other car was broken down! plus the fact that half the front lighting loom had melted away!
The Previous owner had only just put a nice new set of spot lamps on it and wired the relay wrong! all the current was still being drawn through the original loom! :(
so i did a botch job that got me through to the end of the two weeks and got it into the shed for repairs!
got it back together and had it back on the road just before the summer but got a summer job which was a 90 mile round trip each day! (not too suitable) haha but i did manage to make it to one club meet! great day out! well recommended!
Tour around Sligo
and went for a spin in the good weather with a mate!
so since then its been sitting outside the back of the house! :( id love to put it back on the road but it failed the nct on a bit of rust on the rear subframe and a few small other bits so i decided id do a proper job on it! its getting a proper going over! :) dont mind if it takes time but it will have to be done on a tight budget as im in college and trying to keep one car on the road! the shed is still a work in progress so once thats done work can start!
Plan is to do everything myself! including bodywork and spraying! will check in again when progress begins.

DOUGAL
Comittee Member

Re: 1990 998cc Austin Mini Black (White Roof)

Post by DOUGAL »

Dont lose faith stick with it
I was talking to u on the pier in mullaghmore on the may run.
If u need any advice im close to the collage in sligo .
DOUGAL
camroc
NON Member
Whats your location?: stephens green
Region: Eastern

Re: 1990 998cc Austin Mini Black (White Roof)

Post by camroc »

gorgeous mini, was looking at it for a while on done deal, cant wait to see her when shes all done, best of luck