Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

My Mini Cooper

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

1300cooper
NON Member
Whats your location?: Clonakilty, West Cork
Region: Southern

My Mini Cooper

Post by 1300cooper »

Well lads this is my 1992 Mini Cooper 1275cc. Bought it last year, stripped it out, sandblasted it, replaced floor pans, sills, etc. Just got the new stickers fitted last night so looking finished at last :D Have tons more pics of the full restoration if anybody wants a look :!: If ye have a spare moment please leave a reply with what ye think :D

CLUBMANGT
NON Member
Whats your location?: Leopardstown
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 86 Mayfair 1000GT
Modifications: 1275 and bar the shell and subframes new everything!! IMOC MEMBER

Re: My Mini Cooper

Post by CLUBMANGT »

Looks good ,nice job, well done .:wink:
ALL YOU NEED IS POWER AND LOADS OF IT!!!
Mini_reo
NON Member
Whats your location?: Clonegal Co. Carlow

Post by Mini_reo »

A cracking job it's a lovely looking motor all is left now is to enjoy it, how long did it take ya to finish
1300cooper
NON Member

Post by 1300cooper »

Started around august, Wasnt working on it full time though because im still in school! The respray took the longest it was away for almost two months and got it back at christmas time and have been putting it beck together since then. Had a lot of doubtful moments throughout the process but washed and waxed it today and all the work payed off :D
Mini_reo
NON Member
Whats your location?: Clonegal Co. Carlow

Post by Mini_reo »

Very good I'm just about to start my first restoration, i see u said u got it sand blasted prob a stupid question but did u sand blast it before or after u replaced any panels? This is what I'm unsure about would it be better sand blasted before or after I replace the bad panels...
1300cooper
NON Member

Post by 1300cooper »

Sandblast it first. Becareful when you go to see it after sand blasting as there may not be much of your car left! We have our own sandblaster as we restore vintage tractors so i had a fair idea how bad it would be! Its much easier to cut out the old bad metal and weld in the new metal after sandblasting because ther wont be any paint or rust in the way