Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

immobiliser key fob

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

tommy1
NON Member
Whats your location?: wicklow
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1275 mayfair auto.
Modifications: stage 1 kit

immobiliser key fob

Post by tommy1 »

hi guys hope eveyone had a great weekend camping, im just wondering does anyone have any idea of getting replacement key fobs for the immobiliser from the standard rover 1275 engine and getting them coded as iv only 1 key and fob. getting key cut isnt a prob but if it gets lost as my girfriend has a gift for losing keys ill be snookered. also if there is an easy way of turning off immobilliser then i could just do that if we do lose keys, thanks a mill, its just the standard fob black with the 2 buttons and the red led on the dash, cheers

zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

Re: immobiliser key fob

Post by zakgt »

Tommy,

Myself and Simon got spares from Ryans Garage in Blanardstown (its a ex Rover dealership), Cann't remember exactly how much, €70 I think (Simon can confirm). Compared to getting stuck without one, it wasn't that dear.
tommy1
NON Member
Whats your location?: wicklow
What Minis have you?: 1275 mayfair auto.
Modifications: stage 1 kit

Post by tommy1 »

zakgt wrote:Tommy,

Myself and Simon got spares from Ryans Garage in Blanardstown (its a ex Rover dealership), Cann't remember exactly how much, €70 I think (Simon can confirm). Compared to getting stuck without one, it wasn't that dear.
thats great zakgt ill see if simon has anymore info if he sees the post and then ill contact them or pop out to blanch cheers
irishminis
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Watergrasshill
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: One Cooper, One Clubman Estate and One automatic City.

Post by irishminis »

Just seen the post. I think we paid a little more but I'll call into the place and ask later on. If I remember correctly they had to order them in and we had to leave our fob's there with them. They also told me that there's no way to turn off the alarm or disable the 30 second arming feature.
Simon O'Carroll
Celebrating 30 years of the Irish Mini Owners Club, 60 years of the Mini, 55 years of the Moke and 50 years of the Clubman
IMOC Webmaster for too many years and counting!
pick up man
NON Member

Post by pick up man »

Hi I can disconnect the immobiliser for you. My number is 0872602700. Just us a buzz and I'll go though what I do instead of me putting it on the internet.

Peter
Irish by birth, mini lover by act of God
http://www.pmcsecurity.com