Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

my 79 1000

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

mjd
NON Member

my 79 1000

Post by mjd »

hey guys. just joined the forum today as ive been in the process of restoring my 79 leyland 1000 for the past year. ive owned it for about 4 years now and when i bought it it was the one in the best condition for the budget i had. it had nct and drove very well. had manky flames painted on the roof and bonnet and a small few bubbles on the slam panel and front panel. car was then left parked for a few years until i finally got the time to work on it.. bloody recession..!! as i sanded down the paint on the front end i revealed the dreaded fillers and had to keep rooting and eventually found the front panel and wing had been slightly damaged before and badly (BRAZED) back together and filled so i decided to replace the front wings and panel so bought new ones from a guy in cahir.. the rest of the car is pretty good as reguards rust. d boot hinge panel was a little rusted so if cleaned out all d rust and plated it properly and the drivers footwell had a small bit so im at that now.. im enjoying the process and have recently removed the front subframe and engine for a clean, overhaul and paint. so i decided to join and put up a few pics of the work so far..

StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Re: my 79 1000

Post by StanO'Toole »

mjd wrote: so i decided to join and put up a few pics of the work so far..
So were is the pictures? :lol:
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen:
PAUL D
NON Member
What Minis have you?: 1979 850 deluxe
Modifications: group 2 arches,semi dish steering wheel, comics,plenty of chrome bits!

Post by PAUL D »

pics?
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Welcome to the forum mjd. Whereabouts are you based?

Billy
niallm
NON Member
Whats your location?: PORTLAOISE
Region: Eastern

Post by niallm »

Welcome to the madnes MJD

Although as you said in your post your went mad 4 years ago and got certified one year ago :D