Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Hi all, newbie here

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

tc20
NON Member

Hi all, newbie here

Post by tc20 »

Hi folks,
bit of a lurker here for the last while, but thought i'd go public and sign up!
I have a 95 (non-Cooper) 1275cc, dark green with tartan interior, ex-Japan, bought from Webcars in bray last September. Its actually the OHs car, but i try to get my hands on it every couple of days. My own ride is a 82 merc 280, so from a Mini to a Merc :D
She had one previously (89D ....) in the mid 90s, which was sold to a girl from Bray who subsequently did The Italian Job run in it - possibly for her honeymoon iirc.
And of course the old man had one in the early 70s - some of my earliest memories are sitting in the back of our brown Mini as we went round the ring of Kerry on summer hols...ah happy days!

StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Re: Hi all, newbie here

Post by StanO'Toole »

Hey, I'm also a newbie too this website and it's great and all the lads here are bang on so welcome!
But I have one thing to say so listen carefully!!!!
I also have a 1995 mini Green with a tartan interior that I bought from Art in webcars and he is dodgey!!! Every day I find a new problem with my Mini so I sugest you get it serviced!!!
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen:
just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

Post by just_st3v3n »

welcome to the forum..
i dont know about the dealer in the above comment but in reality : its a mini! :)
theres always going to be little things popping up now and again that arent working right etc etc..
but thats being told on here before and actually believing it now, thats all part of the fun of mini ownership :D
check out the events section and see if ya can make it to some of the events where you'l be able to put names wit faces
<--- mine being crappy but anyway
welcome to the site

steven
minilady
NON Member

Post by minilady »

welcome to the site hope you can make a few runs, and there is always someonee to answer your questions
tc20
NON Member

Post by tc20 »

Hi all,

thanks for the welcome! i'm sure i'll get to a few runs, definitely the Mondello day 8)

@ Stan - i dont think Minis were ever perfect, even when the came off the production line. Ours is a 95, a 14yr old car, granted it has less miles on the clock than its contempories, but there's always gonna be something on any Mini that needs attention.
StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Post by StanO'Toole »

True! My bad! I did'nt really think off it in that way!!! Sorry again!

You got any pics?? :D

He has a nice wine one up there now! Should have really got that one as there are so many green minis lately!!!
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen: