Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Eastern Region Monthly Meeting

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Eastern Region Monthly Meeting

Post by woody »

We had a committee meeting on Sunday and decided to change the monthly meeting back to a fixed location and time.We hope to return to the Clonsila Inn on the second Sunday of each month.A meeting will take place at 12 noon followed by a run at 1.30 . We hope to commence this on Sun. 10th.Augest.

DaveC
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Dublin

Re: Eastern Region Monthly Meeting

Post by DaveC »

That's great, hope to see you there :D
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

First meeting of the new format seems to be a sucess dispite the best efferts of the weather to keep us away.The M50 was flooded,N2 was closed,many back roads leading to Cloncilla were flooded and when we got to the pub there was no power.The meeting started late as people rang to say they would be lateand before long power was restored.After a good meeting (the minutes will be posted in the members section) 6 of the cars present decided to go on the run dispite the weather and we set off towards the Summerhill road then heading north to Tara before finishing up at Pudden Hill.We had two Mk.1 Coopers, Mk.2 Traveller, two 90's saloons and a 00 Seven. Well done to all involved
spicooper
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Naas
Kildare
What Minis have you?: 1980 Mini Specical
1979 1000 Saloon
1994 spi cooper

Post by spicooper »

I really enjoyed the new format it was good to catch up with people and have a chat. Thanks to woody for planning the run it was great fun with lots of twisty bits. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Spicooper

IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

400+ miles in a 41-year-old Mini yesterday.

Positive meeting, great lunch, and some lovely roads on the run. Seeing the Hill of Tara and where the motorway is going through, I can't see what all the fuss is about cos to me the new road is over 2 miles away. Saw what I thought was a large balloon stuck in a tree beside the new road but it turned out to be a crusty building his nest up the tree. Hopefully it will keep raining on him for while! The Pudden Hill activity centre near Drogheda looked fun but the spuds awaited in Maynooth so I didn't have time for karting. Overall a well organised event and the trick is to build on the new meeting format and get more members involved.

Billy
DaveC
IMOC Paid Member

Post by DaveC »

Sounds like a good run lads. Sorry i couldn't make it, had to go to a family event instead
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Blackseven has agreed to do next months run towards Kildare so October could be a Wicklow run if you interested Dave??
DaveC
IMOC Paid Member

Post by DaveC »

Yes, that sound like a good plan
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Didn't get a chance to post this last week, but on behalf of the members of the club and especially those in the Eastern Region, I'd like to thank Milton for all the work he has done over the last 2 years as Eastern Region rep, unfortunately due to work commitments he has had to step down.

Following a small discussion at the last ER Monthly Meeting, the position has been filled by Aidan McGrath who will undertake the role of ER Rep along with his role as Club PRO. Also decided on that day, was the option to have a separate ER Secretary, and this position has been filled by Paul Glennon.

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.