Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Summer holidays!!!!

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

Summer holidays!!!!

Post by just_st3v3n »

Hey guys once again like last summer i will be emigrating to a nice hot country (spain) on the 23rd of this month and will spend my time working there. 8)
But, my insurance is up on the car in 2 days so least my mother (only other insured person) wouldnt dare drive it. (she loves it as much as i do) So instead il give it a nice wash and polish and throw a car cover on it....
Now, im not entirely sure but i know that if you leave the car standing for too long the tyres can shape like the ground and be boloxed????
Any good tips while its gonna be resting there untill i come back to maintain driveability and performance etc????

oh, does it take long to reskin a door (or 2) ?? i have the skins this ages now, and just completed a welding course so think il give it a go before i go to spain... :lol:

steven

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: Summer holidays!!!!

Post by woody »

Best way to save the tyres is prop the car on 4 axel stands.
The secret to reskining is patience,its easy to damage the front of the skin when folding the back.There is a special tool for doing it but I've done it without the tool.Don't try and fold in one go but work gradually around the whole door. Prime the inside before fitting the skin.