Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Italian job 2008

This section is about Events hosted/attended by the Irish Mini Owners Club

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

66mini
NON Member

Italian job 2008

Post by 66mini »

Any one interested in doing this Oct / Nov 2008 ?

Has anyone done it ?

David

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

David,

I know of several former club members who've done it but I'm not aware of anyone doing it this year.

For 2008, the main overseas event will be the International Mini Meeting in Holland in mid-May. There's about 5 Minis confirmed from the IMOC already.

2 weeks later there's the annual MTM run i.e. Malin to Mizen in a day.

Billy
Womble
NON Member

Italian Job

Post by Womble »

Hi Mini66,
I've always liked the sound of the Italian Job but when I e-mailed a few queries to them I got no reply. I wanted to know if the fundraising was for Irish Childrens Hospital or England's and if you could get the decals off easily after the run! I've some "art" on the side of my Mini and didn't want it coming off with the decal. The last time I checked you had to raise £1,500 I think and I suppose that much again to get you there and back!
DaveC
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Post by DaveC »

A couple of club members took part a few years ago. The funds raised were intended for UK charities, but they were allowed to allocate half of their sponshorship to the Crumlin Childrens Hospital. The guys appeared on one of the Italian Job videos and used a red 63 or 64 mini