Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Seen a Mini?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Re: Seen a Mini?

Post by BlackSe7en »

BRG 90's Cooper spotted on the Naas - Millenium Business Park road earlier tonight. Flashed it from the Scenic and made the female driver smile (I smiled when she flashed back, but H wasn't too happy).

The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Oh, I know that look. :roll: :lol:

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Coming home from Mondello on Sunday I saw a 91 mini,think it was a Sidewalk heading south between Collon and Slane.I flashed my lights in the clubby estate and got a huge wave and 4 spots with headlights all lit up.You gotta love fellow classic mini drivers.By the way also got loads of waves from people driving different classic cars on the way home,it really makes driving a whole lot nicer rather than being a faceless driver in a newer car just getting from A to B.
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.
kenno
NON Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda

Post by kenno »

kerryminigringo wrote:Coming home from Mondello on Sunday I saw a 91 mini,think it was a Sidewalk heading south between Collon and Slane.I flashed my lights in the clubby estate and got a huge wave and 4 spots with headlights all lit up.You gotta love fellow classic mini drivers.By the way also got loads of waves from people driving different classic cars on the way home,it really makes driving a whole lot nicer rather than being a faceless driver in a newer car just getting from A to B.
Collon& Slane... very colse to me! 8) Doesnt seem to be too many classic minis up this way though.... Loads of new MINIs..
:?
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Hi Kenno, what have you got yourself?

Billy
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Spotted in Cashel Co. Tipp at 5.20 this afternoon, a black Mini reg 88 DL ****
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

On the way back from Parsons Green today we spotted a Blue MkIII Mini in Horse and Jockey and just a little farther on , in Templemore we met a Tractor Run that was doing their bit for charity. At the head of it all we found Larry Bourke with his '76 Pick-Up, Larry is the proprietor of Bourkes Autoglass who can supply all your Mini glazing needs. (0504-31093).

kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Spotted a Wolseley Hornet with its Florentine paint shining in the summer sun heading south towards Abbeyleix on the N8 this afternoon.It was part of a vintage run along with other classic cars
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

kerryminigringo wrote:Coming home from Mondello on Sunday I saw a 91 mini,think it was a Sidewalk heading south between Collon and Slane.I flashed my lights in the clubby estate and got a huge wave and 4 spots with headlights all lit up.You gotta love fellow classic mini drivers.By the way also got loads of waves from people driving different classic cars on the way home,it really makes driving a whole lot nicer rather than being a faceless driver in a newer car just getting from A to B.
Sidewalk wasnt around in 91 mate :wink:
And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!

Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

92-LS-******

Red cooper, stripes, white roof etc on Thomond bridge in Limerick Monday at Lunch.
And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!

The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

Goose wrote:
Sidewalk wasnt around in 91 mate :wink:
Probably mixing up his Neons and his Sidewalks tbh, 8) :lol:

kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

I was going on the charcoal grey colour but your right Goose,the Sidewalk did not come out until 1996,it was the Neon that was out in 1991.Fair play to you on your knowledge of limitied edition minis and welcome to the forum.
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

Might have been Doctor Who though. :lol:

Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Spotted a black HI-reg (Donegal?) Mini in Kilmallock and a red 92 LK *** with white roof on Childers Road in Limerick on Tuesday.
Last edited by Billy on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

kerryminigringo wrote:I was going on the charcoal grey colour but your right Goose,the Sidewalk did not come out until 1996,it was the Neon that was out in 1991.Fair play to you on your knowledge of limitied edition minis and welcome to the forum.
Well my vast knowledge and expertise comes from years of .......... :roll: Who am I kidding!!?? I own a sidewalk so thats the only reason I know tbh :lol:

Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Was out on a vintage run today and spotted 4 grand Minis between Ballyvourney and Killarney.
The first sighting was of 2 very nice Clubmans, an orange Estate and a light blue saloon, then I met a 98C Sportspack with a wavy front grille, and finally I came on a black and white Mini with a 95KY reg with what looked like a for sale sign on the side window.

Also met Dick Mason on the vintage run. He still has his orange Clubman on the road while the maroon one is being restored.

Billy
mustard
NON Member
What Minis have you?: 97 rover cooper sportspack, a bloody metro and MY 61 mini van

Post by mustard »

always spotting an orangey clubbie estate parked outside homebase just off the kylemore road....
If ya can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

J & A Commercials and Auto Repairs ltd.
From Minis to Trucks, everything and anything
Clondalkin Dublin 22
Contact Mick: 0868526492 or 014578687
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

Billy wrote:Spotted a black HI-reg (Donegal?) Mini in Kilmallock and a red 92 LK *** with white roof on Childers Road in Limerick on Tuesday.
Seen the red 92 LK around the city yestarday......also saw a 97 LK **** thats identical bar a whopping great dent in the front right. Also spotted today a green (BRG) cooper....91 WD 1616....parked in Colbert station

F@ces
NON Member

Post by F@ces »

Spotted a v nice blue cooper sportspack with deepdish minilites (reg 00 - ? - 107XXX) in the Kildare outlet shopping centre yesterday.
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

90 L reg racing green in Templeglantine.Co.Limerick on Friday evening,96 C reg navy and white sportspack in Banna Strand on Saturday and Sunday(the 99,s were pure handsome Billy)and a surf blue 93 LK reg in Toomevara,Sunday evening
2000_MPI
NON Member

Post by 2000_MPI »

Spotted yesterday evening by Youghal bridge, Green mini with white roof.
Didn't get the reg but managed to flash them.
Anyone here?

Dave T.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

I was doing a wedding today in Ballyclough, North Cork today and walking up the main street I spotted a very shabby late-70s brown Mini at the side of a house. Rang the doorbell but was told it wasn't for sale. Then when I was in the pub having a coffee I got chatting to someone there who told me he had 2 Minis and we then went back to his place to see his red/white 82 1-litre. There's plenty of Minis out there, you just need to ask around.

Billy
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Spotted 2 lovely Minis yesterday. The first was a gorgeous purple 98C Sportspack without white roof but with roof bars on it outside a house near St. Fanahan's Well in Mitchelstown.

The second was a red/white Cooper Sportspack, again 98C with the back seat full of toilet rolls in Hazelwood Park estate in Glanmire last night. This car had a bullseye on the drivers door.

Billy
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Driving up Barrack Hill in Fermoy last night, spotted a lovely '84D apple green/white roof Mini. It had a Barrow Valley Mini Club sticker on the side window.

Billy
Last edited by Billy on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92Coop
NON Member

Post by 92Coop »

Billy wrote:with the back seat full of toilet rolls in Hazelwood Park estate in Glanmire
must... resist... urge... to...

Saw a lovely wine irish reg'd mini city coming towards me on the navan road earlier, gave him a flick of the full beams and a mahoosive wave.
I was wondering why he wasnt acknowledging me, i think he was in the middle of his driving test :lol: :lol: