Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

am back online n still no smarter bout my mini! :-)

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

am back online n still no smarter bout my mini! :-)

Post by just_st3v3n »

hey guys got broadband goin again so will be on here posting loads again askin 4 ur ''professional and kowledgeable'' advice.

i stripped my mini practibly to its bare shell n found the inside of the car is in pretty good condition. but found few bad bits also.
so went uncle 2day who is a mechanic and fixed up my mini 2 pass the nct which did. :-)

he reckons to fix the car near 100 % i need new outer sills on each side. any kno where can get these in ireland?) ( he pointed a soft spot out 2 me n when i pressed it wit my finger it went right tru it :-o ) i found that a new panel had been fitted by previous owner. but the panel ( not sure wat its called, (does any1 have a list of all the panel situations and names for them) but the panel below the left back seat passenger side was replaced but never finished off properly. my uncle said they never sealed it properly (?) as a result the water is leaking tru the window down the panel to the lil pocket. it appears this job has been done quite some time ago as there is a good bit of rust on the inside and even some bubbles are now appearing on the outside of the car. to fix the above will it cost much??? im a poor student. im gonna post few things am lookin 4 in parts wanted.

cheers already

kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Somerford mini have a complete catalogue of mini panels that you can download and most of the mini suppliers will post over from england but if your not pushed about originality try your local motor factors for sills.Or you could try Bradys in Cavan,I think that the ex-Rover garages will still do spares.

Show me the mini.
just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

Post by just_st3v3n »

why didnt i think of that??

bradys was the ex rover dealer? they not ford?
must do a check tho, good thinkin cheers!