Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

New Facebook page for members only

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Laurna77
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Sligo
Region: Western
Modifications: Metro engine

New Facebook page for members only

Post by Laurna77 »

Hi folks, as you all know we have set up a new Facebook page (Irish Mini Owners Club Members Only) so of you are a paid up member and you haven't got access to this new page, please comment below and we will get you added ASAP

Laurna Conboy
Pro / Event Coordinator
087-6265396
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: New Facebook page for members only

Post by Billy »

What's the purpose of this new page? Will there be club-related information published there that paid-up club members who don't have Facebook won't be informed about?
spud1979
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: wexford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1961 Morris Mini mk1
1961 Morris Irish Van
1969 Austin Mini irish mk2
1973 Clubman estate
1980 Clubman GT

Post by spud1979 »

It's for paid up members to share their projects in a safe way. All members receive text messages to any upcoming event as you well know, so if they are not on fb they will know what is going on and the event list is also here for everyone to see.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

So in the interest of attracting new members, will all club events be always posted on the main IMOC facebook page and not just in the members only group?
mmurfee
Comittee Member

Post by mmurfee »

Yes Billy that is the plan.
Flat out.... like a lizard drinking.
Martin Murphy IMOC President . 0876977407
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

mmurfee wrote:Yes Billy that is the plan.
Thanks for clarifying that, Martin. Keep Up the good work.
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Given the complete ball ache that is posting pictures on this forum and the fact that a lot of the the old threads on this forum have lost the picture content including my MKII,16v Clubman Saloon and my 61 van due to the change in photobucket and many other old build threads and the ease with which FB can facilitate uploading of pictures at the click of a button I think it is a great idea to try and get members to post pictures of their projects.All well and good to be a member of the flat earth society Billy but Christopher Columbus didn't fall off the edge,he just kept on going to a new world.
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.
spicooper
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Naas
Kildare
What Minis have you?: 1980 Mini Specical
1979 1000 Saloon
1994 spi cooper

Post by spicooper »

Hi have to agree Aidan the forum is not fit for picture uploads in the modern world but we only have
a very simple outdated site and service at the moment. If we wanted the bells and wissels we have to spend a lot of club money and I am not sure its worth all the effort.

We should keep the site going for our own presence on the internet but I agree facebook is very
powerfull in a club setting. I was looking at doing a digital picture album of the club since 1989 which I would distribute to club members but so far I have got "0" pictures.
zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

Post by zakgt »

I do not think Billy's point was about the members only page being used for Project threads, I totally agree with you about posting pics on this forum and restricting the visibility of them if you wish.

I think it was more about the Members only page not becoming the only show in town, and not using the open club page to its full potential of advertising what the club is planning to do and want it has done, in order to attract new or lapsed members, or the continued the overseas followers created by the IMM.
minionly
NON Member
Whats your location?: tallaght dublin 24
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: leyland mini clubman 76 saloon
Modifications: painted in granit graey. 1293 engine block bored out too 1312. sw5 cam .1.5 high lift rolling rockers. electrionic fuel pump .webber 45 carb. millennium rc40 exhuast system center exit. copper 10inch brake set up .and dunlop d1s alloys .

Post by minionly »

Would it be nice to renew our licences on line