Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

91 city

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

minimike
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

91 city

Post by minimike »

Well, I finally got myself a mini! :-)

After nearly a year searching I'm really happy to get one. Thanks to all for help on the forum when I put up wanted ad etc. I took a long time to find a "decent" one. Here's a few pics of her anyway, I think it's in pretty good nick although it does need some work!
front.jpg
back.jpg
side.jpg
Although there is some rust on the a panel for example. The doors are rotten and there's some rot in the boot lid and a tiny bit of rust around the windscreen although it's the original scuttle I think and the the sills, boot etc seem in great nick :-). There's a little around the headlights too but doesn't look too bad i think :-/. Plan is to save the doors if possible as I have kinda budgeted for new doors so I've nothing to loose really trying to fix them and it's a good opportunity to learn to weld too!
passenger door.jpg
driver door.jpg
a panel rust.jpg
boot lid.jpg
You can see the state of the doors, previous owner tried to bodge it with mesh and bondo but did more harm than good I think. You can see a pic here where I took off the door cards and looked inside. Also a close up of one door showing the serious disintegration of ths skin!

door rot.jpg
bondo bodging.jpg
Attachments
front panel.jpg

jcrothers
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1984 mayfair
Modifications: paint two tone colour

Re: 91 city

Post by jcrothers »

great project you got there any updates?