Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

IMM Ticket

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Oisín
NON Member
Whats your location?: Ardee, Co. Louth
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: None :(

IMM Ticket

Post by Oisín »

I am just wondering if it would be possible for me to sell my IMM ticket for the price I bought it for, €70. I bought this not really thinking just the day before the price was going up! I would love to be going to the full weekend but I have realised a day ticket would be the best option for me because as of now I don't even have a car and may not come the event (Blame ridiculous insurance) therefore I wouldn't really be able to stay there.

The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Re: IMM Ticket

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Get a lift with someone, get the bus, bring a non Mini (you just need to park it in the Non-Mini area).
IMM is really about the weekend, Friday to Monday, the Sunday Show will let you see the cars but it wont give you an idea of what the IMM is about.

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

Post by zakgt »

Oisin,

I would also suggest you keep and use the weekend ticket. This is the 38th International Mini Meeting, which is hosted by a different Club in a different country each year, this year Ireland, next year Portugal. It is has very different feel to it than the annual shows held each year in the same location, which can also be good.
You should approach with the mind set that you are attending a 4 day Mini festival rather than a 1 day static car show, because it is very different.

Even if you can get just get down for the Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday, I am confident you will really enjoy it.
Oisín
NON Member
Whats your location?: Ardee, Co. Louth
What Minis have you?: None :(

Post by Oisín »

Thanks for the replies! I think I will try make it down for the full weekend and if I feel like I wont enjoy the rest of the weekend after a day or so I can make my way home early.
I was just skeptical about going as I'll have to make my way down on buses which will take nearly 6 hours I think then when I'd get there I'd know nobody.
All in all I am trying frantically to get a reasonable price for insurance in any mini (Quoted 5k on a 08 Mini under my fathers name!!), hopefully ill get one come IMM and I can drive myself down!
majicmofo
NON Member
Whats your location?: Duleek
What Minis have you?: 81 998cc
Modifications: On the to-do list

Post by majicmofo »

Hi Oisin, If you don't think you will make the show would you sell the ticket to myself, I'm not too far away and hope to have my car ready soon. Regards Adrian