Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Mini butcher beware!!

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

garryc
NON Member
Whats your location?: Tallaght
Region: Eastern

Mini butcher beware!!

Post by garryc »

Hi this is a msg for anyone thinking of getting boby work done to there Minis.
I put a post up on this form just before xmas about my mini and that i was ready to bring her back from the dead and give her a new life back on the road were she belongs and out of storage were i kept her for a for years!!
Well i got some prices on the body work thr was a lot to be done so all prices were coming in around the 4000 mark.but i went a little more with trim tech after being told id receive a show room car back and they do loads of them not sure how any way my mini was picked up October happy days! 3 month turn around but i didnt min waiting a bit longer as long as it was going to 100%!!! All sounds good well thats were it all ends and the nightmare that is trim tech begins and there know it all owner tony!!. So the day i finally got to go pick up my car 9 months later and told its ready i showed up to my 97 cooper 1.missing its stripes 2. Stearing wheel loose and roof trim hanging off 3. Dash board loose and in bits 5. Different head lights broke glass in one 6.side trim gone. 7. Back of the car never sprayed just buffed up 8. New dint on bonnet 9. Original rubbers for windows put back in.i can tell you this is half the list really run a bloody mile before bringing your car to this place. After taken the car back very unhappy but just wanted her away from trimtech.. i had her back so i then dropped it up to paul in mini fix who helped out a lot and would highly recommend them but even after the lads give her a good service paul handed me a hand full of rusty clips holding on new chrome
which were put back on by the clown in trim tech its unreal how doodoo of a job was done ok most the rust is gone new rust already setting in were they ****** up!!!!!

Anyway sorry for the long read i hope this stops some one from the hell i went through.
Regards Garry