Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Big Valve MPI Head

MINI RELATED FOR SALE ITEMS ONLY

All for sale items must be accompanied by :
(1) a PHOTOGRAPH of the item in question
(2) a specific PRICE (no "open to offers")
(3) the seller's/item LOCATION

For Sale posts not conforming to these rules will be deleted.

All items listed must be the personal property of the seller, and hold the title to said item(s).

The Irish Mini Owners Club, and its officers provide this service as a service to its members and Mini enthusiasts in good faith and do not endorse or confirm any detail or claim pertaining to items posted by individuals using this forum.

Registration is required. Posts will be automatically deleted after 55 days

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, admin, Moderators

Dylan8660
NON Member

Big Valve MPI Head

Post by Dylan8660 »

This head has been refurbished with new MG Metro inlet valves (36.6mm), new inlet valve guides and new stem seals all round, it keeps the standard springs. The inlet valve seats have been professionally cut, blended and the head skimmed. The exhaust seats have been re-ground and all valves lapped in. The ports have been sympathetically ported and the standard rough cast finish in the inlet ports, exhaust throats and combustion chambers has been ground smooth and polished. This is an MPI head but could be easily converted for use with a carburettor Mini. It does of course have the hardened seats for unleaded.
Price €320
I am willing to buy your old head in exchange for €50 and I can provide a fitting service at a small charge to cover gaskets and coolant.
Please PM me if interested.

Politics is just cheap television.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: Big Valve MPI Head

Post by Billy »

PM sent. I'll take it, Dylan.
Dylan8660
NON Member

Post by Dylan8660 »

Provisionally sold.

I will be doing more from time to time if anyone's interested or wants the same treatment to their own head then drop me a line.
minionly
NON Member
Whats your location?: tallaght dublin 24
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: leyland mini clubman 76 saloon
Modifications: painted in granit graey. 1293 engine block bored out too 1312. sw5 cam .1.5 high lift rolling rockers. electrionic fuel pump .webber 45 carb. millennium rc40 exhuast system center exit. copper 10inch brake set up .and dunlop d1s alloys .

Post by minionly »

How much just to polish it a head
Dylan8660
NON Member

Post by Dylan8660 »

The process of polishing a head involves the full strip down of the head including the removal of the inlet valve guides and it is also impossible not to touch the valve seats whilst grinding and polishing. This means that new guides need to be pressed in, all seats need refaced and a head skim is the minimum amount of machine work that's required in order to maintain quality. So you could save a few quid on valves if the original ones are still serviceable but essentially that's the only saving you could make. So unless you've already got big valves fitted why not go for the upgrade.
Joe_flanagan
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Post by Joe_flanagan »

How much would you charge for the full upgrade? Mine is a carb setup.
Dylan8660
NON Member

Post by Dylan8660 »

PM'd