Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Audio Install few questions someone might be able to answer.

Welcome to the Techinical of the IMOC.

The Irish Mini Owners Club and its officers provide this service as a service to its members and Mini enthusiasts in good faith and do not endorse or confirm any detail or claim pertaining to items posted by individuals using this forum.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, admin, woody, Moderators

bevan
NON Member

Audio Install few questions someone might be able to answer.

Post by bevan »

Have a few questions some of you can hopefully answer about installing a decent headunit and speakers.

1. Will a standard alternator be capable of powering a decent radio and sub.
2. If i fit a power cap and a higher amp battery will i still have to look at a new or uprated alternator.
3. Do I have to cut the rear shelf ( I don't want too) in order to run cables or is their a grommet or hole already
4. Do dash rail pods work or does the sound become distorted
5. Finally door pods, look like they might foul the seats has any one got them installed.

I am Looking to fit some speakers and a decent head unit into the other halfs mini, most of the required hardware I already have. I am thinking about buying a set of the optimise automotive dash rail speaker pods and a rear bench speaker board. I have a few old amps and a selection of subs and 6x9's I might even have some 4 and 5 inch component speakers but I don't want to go to town on it just a nice basic sound system what is the least obtrusive way of mounting speakers that will give a decent sound.

Thanks
Bevan