Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

new delivery

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: new delivery

Post by woody »

What spec is the engine? CR ,cam, Needel, dizzy?

Tim Urry
NON Member

Post by Tim Urry »

i dont no the cr or the cam but the needle is from my brothers crashed cooper (along with the carb) it says BBZ on it and it is really rich at the moment and by rich i mean 12mpg rich :!: and the dizzy is an aidon performance one. i went to the garage the next day and he said that it was a bit of bair wire from the coil to the dizzy so he taped that and now its fine. i have done 411 of the 1000 miles in 1 week so flat out soon :D
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Glad to hear it was only a small problem.The BBZ is a good place to start to get the engine running and do a few miles but you would want to tune it before pushing it harder.Without the CR and cam type you'll need a rolling road and make sure they have a stock of needles rof your HIF carb.
clubman
NON Member

Post by clubman »

your going to have teething problems until you get it set up properly a lad in our group has the same engine as you and is having the same problems, dont worry about the brakes all us mini drivers are used of havng none most of the times anyway
Tim Urry
NON Member

Post by Tim Urry »

the milage is up so i am just waitng for the new needle to come then i will think about putting on a twin carb befor the brakes get renewed.