Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Malin To Mizen MTM2007 - GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

MTM-related news: Regular MTMers from Doncaster Neil & Ruth Cottingham have announced the birth of their first baby Olivia May at the weekend.

Neil and Ruth have always brought the Volcano (orangey) '98 Cooper Sportspack over here for the MTM. Neil already has a clubman estate fitted with an 8-port head which should have room for the child seat. They hope to be here again for MTM2007!

Congrats folks,

Billy

Merlin
NON Member
What Minis have you?: Mk1 Austin Mini,Mk3 Layland Mini,72Van,81 Clubman Estate, 87 Race carand a 2000 Rover Cooper.
Modifications: Mk1: 998 with flat top slipper pistons, 286 cam, 12G940 head 11:1 compression twin inch and a half SU's 5 speed gearbox. Mk3 998 automatic no mods, 72Van is a pile of rust, , Racer is being built but has the works and the 2000 rover cooper needs an engine again :(

Post by Merlin »

my hartest congrats folks look forward to meating you at the MTM 2007.
Regards,
Paul.

Post by Guest »

Congrats to Niel and Ruth.

Not too long to go now for me and Jenny. Getting back to the conversation we had last week Billy, I've had a word with Andy and for some strange reason he's not really into the idea of babysitting next year at MTM2007. Can't understand why?!? So I guess I'll have to leave Jay or Jenny jr at home. Not to worry. I'd only have to fit rear seatbelts to the Hornet.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Don't forget tomorrow Sunday Nov 19th is the official launch of MTM2007 at the EGM in Tullamore. For those eager to secure your place (though there's no panic yet!), entry forms will be available tomorrow.

Billy
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

I was full sure that I was going to make it but with two small children with vomiting bug I,m confined to barracks but save me an entry form for the biggest mini event of 2007

The mini and ferous oxide,its a love hate thing
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

MTM was officially launched at last Sundays EGM and looks to be a great event. The event has returned to the original format of MTM, in that it is to be a one day event, preferably in the oldest Mini you can get your hands on. We're also looking for the widest range of models so get the the Elves ,Hornets and Mokes out too. Full details can be found by clicking this link. :-)

http://www.irishminis.ie/IMOC_Events_Adds/MTM07Add.htm
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Just an update on entry details. All current paid-up Irish Mini Owners Club members have been posted out MTM details along a report of the EGM on Nov 19th and a welcome from the interim club President Neil KilBane.

Full details of Malin to Mizen 2007 are available on the IMOC website http://www.irishminis.ie but we posted to all members as we are aware that not everyone has access to the internet.

While the closing date for entries isn't until April next year, don't leave it to the last minute to send it your entry form. The organisers will need to get a handle on entry numbers to sort out various details. Also accommodation is going to be a limiting factor so 1st come, 1st served.

MTM2007 will be a great event. It won't be the BIGGEST Mini event ever held in Ireland etc.(That title is still held by the International Mini Meeting 1997 organised in Bandon by the IMOC where we had (correct me here TMG) about 670 Minis from all over Europe), but next year's MTM will be on a par with the original MTM held in 1999 that everyone still talks about!

Hope you can make it.

Billy

Post by Guest »

Ah the IMM'97. What a weekend... That was the weekend I first joined and met up with the IMOC. Had my old 1980 Pageant Blue 850 City then. Or my Flintstone Mini as I called it. Poor thing had no floors. But that didn't matter cos I loved it as it was my first Mini.
Anyway, that was the old days and I'm sooooo looking forward to MTM '07... Got my application form in the post today by the way Billy. Thanks. Still trying to decide whether or not to fit rear seat belts to the Hornet for Jacks car seat...
Won't be able to make it to the Clonsilla tomorrow night but I'll dig out my copy of MTM'99 just so I can pretend I'm with ya'll... I'll def be there for the new years dinner with the family though.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Talking to both Liam Cotter and Ray Cunningham today. Both are talking of bringing Mini 850's on the MTM. I'm seriously thinking of bringing the 850 automatic. Anyway else thinking of bringing an 850?

Don't forget that before there was ever a Mini Cooper produced in 1961, Mini 850s were used in rallies in 1959/60 with some success.

Billy
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

If I can get mine back together in time I,ll bring it along too.Is Rays a standard 850 or is it a little bit special.

The mini,often copied,never equalled.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Ray's is a bit special alright... it's an automatic! He was wondering if my automatic was fitted with an 1.5" carb instead of the std 1.25" carb. The answer is yes and it was fitted when new to make up for the power sapped by the auto box. When new, the manual 850 was rated at 34bhp while the automatic was supposedly a mind-blowing 38bhp!!!

I reckon the way to do MTM in an 850 and not be the last car to arrive is to pack sandwiches, 2 flasks (1 full, 1 empty - you can figure that one out yourself!) and keep the foot to the floor all the way. Mind you, coming back from the Mini Day in Clarenbridge in October, I could barely get over 50mph. The gas thing about the auto is that it has the exact same hydrolastic suspension as the Mk1 Cooper. Absolutely same displacers etc. So if you can keep the revs up, you'd be surprised at the craic you can have on twisty bits.

Billy
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

I can figure out the flasks but surely you will need some pampers too or would a flask do???

The mini,often copied,never equalled.
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Did the early cars not have glass windscreen washer bottles ?

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Probably the ultimate would be to fit an "S" right-hand tank!

Billy
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

What does the S stand for :)

Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

"S" as in Mini Scooper!
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

Did they have a Vacuum advance ?

Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

If you are planning on going to the IMOC New Years Lunch and autojumble this Sunday Jan 7th, then feel free to bring along your MTM entry form and entry fee (€50 for IMOC Members, €60 for Non-Members).

Billy
Douzeper
NON Member

Post by Douzeper »

MTM 2007

I'll be there, I'll keep it as a sticky on NI-Minis.co.uk and try to gather as many as possible.
Northern Ireland Minis
http://www.ni-minis.co.uk
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Thanks Douzeper,

We're really hoping for a good turnout from Northern Ireland this year.

All the best,

Billy
Step_7
NON Member

Post by Step_7 »

Yeah, also hoping to do this! Hopefully there will be a fair convoy of us heading West to Donegal on the 25th 8)
"Bert" - 1998 Paul Smith LE
"Moe" - 2002 Bini Cooper
tbibby
NON Member

Post by tbibby »

Hi,
Silly question perhaps, but do both drivers of a car have to be IMOC members?
Need to get my 07 subs in and just wondering do I have to pay for the wife as well!
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

IMOC Membership covers whole family at one address. For all events car owner attending must be IMOC member.
s00049643
NON Member

Post by s00049643 »

do you have to be a imoc member before you can do the mtm? i am hoping to have my rwd r1 mini finished by the mtm i am doing everything myself from fabrication to spraying so fingers crossed
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
1984 Mini Sprite
Weber45

You don't have to be a member of the club to do the run, but the charge for non-members is slightly higher, €50 for IMOC members, €60 for non-members.

Club membership is only €20 if you want to join.