Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

anyone wanna help me out from my mini killing me???

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

anyone wanna help me out from my mini killing me???

Post by just_st3v3n »

K, i've got a big problem... First il tell u my story :)

i've had my mini for about a year and a half, i was doing alot of driving at the start and found that minis arent all that comfortable for long trips which i would be doing while going to college in maynooth, so therefore i took out a loan and bought a fiesta of a family friend. as i was in college i couldnt afford to pay the loan of so my parents agreed theyd pay the weekly amount for me untill i had sold the mini. ( which i never actually put up for sale) :) one month later i crashed the fiesta (write off) :( didnt drive for several months. fixed up the mini and asked for a quote of insurance company, to my amazement it was alot cheaper than expected even tho i had a claim on it from the fiesta ordeal :/ so got insured again on the mini :) the fun i had in the mini made me realize i dont wanna ever sell it or at least untill i get a new one. but in the month of april after driving the mini for 2 months it broke down on me , in maynooth. :/ something went wrong in the engine.
so, rented a trailer to bring it home from maynooth and as we semi push/drove it onto the trailer the exhaust got caught and ripped off the rubber hinges. when june came and i was finished college (mini untouched) i decided to go to salou in spain and work there for the summer. . . it was mighty craic and all but came bak wit not a cent to my name and even in more debt due to the fact i had frozen my insurance but still had to pay for it monthly......
so got the engine fixed by openin it up and finding out all that was wrong was the cylinder head gasket blew.... got it fixed and got new hinges for my exhaust and thought ET VOILA! :)
NOT...... ive been driving it for a week now and it is affecting my health :( the exhaust apparently is leaking from somewhere but i dont have many cents to get it fixed.............. therefore im crying out for people who have any experience in fixing exhausts (:/) and that have some spare time and can fix it at a reasonable price???????

please help i love my mini :)

good sop story i know but its all treu :)

The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

SDo where is the Mini these days then , Maynooth or Cavan ?

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

Post by just_st3v3n »

Cavan :)
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

When you caught the exhaust or took the head off you proberbly loosened the joint at the manifold. Take it apart and join it again.