Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Keep it Original? Mini 30

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

ClearOfCloud
NON Member

Keep it Original? Mini 30

Post by ClearOfCloud »

I've had my 30 since about 2000 but in recently years she's been badly neglected and needs a big restoration...and a wedge of cash

Im finding it hard to part with it though so, while I figure out whether to pass it on as a project, or save and restore it I've a question.

Do I restore it as a 30, enhance it or completely change the look of it?

David
Attachments
IMG_20220914_201147.jpg

David
ClearOfCloud
NON Member

Re: Keep it Original? Mini 30

Post by ClearOfCloud »

Actually, I've just realised I asked the same question here 4 years ago. I think that answers my question LOL

Apologies all....still I'll leave the picture here for everyone's enjoyment :-)
David
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Original all the way. The burgundy Mini 30 is one of my favourite limited edition Minis.
ctwomey
NON Member
Whats your location?: Ballybrittas, Co. Laois
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: I owned a 1978 Mini 850 when I was in my late teens. I owned a 1986 Mini Chelsea that I imported from the UK. Also owned a 1982 MG Metro that was bored out to 1293. Restoring a 1981 Dublin Mini City.

Post by ctwomey »

Original all the way too. You can make some enhancements to improve driveability and reliability but always loved the colour.