Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Greetings!

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

guillermog
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Greetings!

Post by guillermog »

Hiya!

Hope I'm posting this in the right place, couldn't find a better spot...if there is, apologies in advance! :D - Joined the Forum last year, and no...don't have a Mini (yet). Just wanted to say hello since I've been reading a few post, checking some builds...A brief introduction to the forum members basically, I'm originally from Spain but I moved to Dublin nearly 5yrs ago. Mini lover since I can remember, thanks partly to Mr. Bean (yeah, how original... I know :roll: ) but mainly cause I felt in love when I was a kid, my uncle had one and remember going with him...always put a smile on my face! Since then I've always wanted one, never able to aford it, or life got in the way...but I'm at a point that I just need one!!.

If anyone here knows of one for sale, or is thinking in selling one in the near future I'm happy to have a chat / check it - And no, I'm not planning on buying one and then flip it for profit or something like that, I would like to keep it for life. Anyhow, thanks for having me around and hope everyone has a lovely evening / week / holidays! :D

Regards!

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: Greetings!

Post by woody »

Welcome to the forum .Not many cars coming through here recently but if you see anything online feel free to drop a link and get an opinion. You haven't said what your looking for , a complete running car with NCT or a project . Check out Minifix in Santry,Dublin they have a wide choice of cars for sale . You will find them on Facebook.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
guillermog
NON Member

Post by guillermog »

Hi Woody! Thanks! Yeah, I know... it's a bit dry out there but hopes are high. I don't want a fully restored car, but don't have the space for a big project, so something in the middle. Let's say a Mini that needs some love & time :-D

I'll check Minifix, thanks for the recommendation, and will keep an eye out anyway!

Thanks!
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

I just put up a For Sale post for Jenny who is selling her 92 Cooper, may be of interest to you

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
guillermog
NON Member

Post by guillermog »

The Marcos Graveyard wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:20 pm I just put up a For Sale post for Jenny who is selling her 92 Cooper, may be of interest to you
Aw ffs... I missed your message and I see you already sold it (insert big face-paml here) - well, guess I'll need to keep my eyes ever closer to not miss any more opportunities!! :cry: I see a couple for sale on DoneDeal, but two are way out of budget and the other one (https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/a ... 8/34830490) seems a bit overpriced? what you guys think? For a 98 MPi and just one pic...I would say it's below 9k ?

Thanks!! :)
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

It costs nothing to ask for more details and photos, just from the one photo you can see there is another Mini in the shed so the must be "into " them.
10 inch Exaction alloys from the 1100 Special so it's either on S discs or drums !!
Four Mile House isn't exactly a metropolis some of the members of the Club may know the car, we had a good few members at the Show in Strokestown the weekend before last which is less than ten minutes away.

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
guillermog
NON Member

Post by guillermog »

Yeah, you're right...still too new to recognise those details! I usually don't bother sellers if I see the price is out of range, mainly to save everybody's time but might send a message to get a bit more info :)

Thanks so much!