Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Stay Original or Not?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

ClearOfCloud
NON Member

Stay Original or Not?

Post by ClearOfCloud »

My cherry Thirty has been laid up for a few years now and as you can imagine the tin-worm is back.

When I did the last big tidy-up, 16 odd-years ago, I resprayed it the original colour and the only changes made were to add W&P arches and to change the stero/speakers.

I think it's time to start putting the money together for another rejuvenation but I was wondering how original should it stay - or does it really matter with a Thirty that's all ready been repaired / tinkered with.

David
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Re: Stay Original or Not?

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

It's your car so you can do as you like with it. Now it it was a black version with the factory sun roof, then original spec would increase the desirability a bit .

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
ClearOfCloud
NON Member

Post by ClearOfCloud »

Yeah; kinda thinking that way to. As you say if it was a black one or an exceptional cherry one I probaby wouldnt alter it.

I quite like the 30 mostly as is but I didnt want to go tampering with it only to discover I was being an idiot LOL. Thanks for the second opinion :-)
David
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

When I got my Equinox it had been "Cooperised" with a black and silver interior and Cooper badges and decals. When I did it up I got an Equinox interior and decals but kept other extras like full dash , spots and different alloys. There will always be original cars out there and thats good to see but at the end of day your mini is yours to do up in a way that makes you happy.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
purplehaze
NON Member
Whats your location?: Tallaght :p
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1980 clubman b16 vtec
1992 mini shell, getting turbo,d
1974 clubman estate
Modifications: original-ish pffffft ye rite

Post by purplehaze »

Everyone will say 1 thing or the other,

The question is, are u ever going to sell the csr or is it a keeper, if its a keeper. Make your changes to suit your needs, i like the big wide low fast look, so i built 1 to suit me ;) b16 vtec low wide clubby :)

So its all up to what uts for, to keep, do it as youd love it, to sell, do it so its saleable
If it's bigger than a mini it's not a mini