Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Where to plug weld skins

Welcome to the Techinical of the IMOC.

The Irish Mini Owners Club and its officers provide this service as a service to its members and Mini enthusiasts in good faith and do not endorse or confirm any detail or claim pertaining to items posted by individuals using this forum.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, admin, woody, Moderators

minimike
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Where to plug weld skins

Post by minimike »

Hi guys,

I've attacked my rotten doors. I've deskinned them and fitted the replacement panel from minispares for the bottom section of the frame and welded in a few other patches here and there. I think I'm ready to fit the new skins. My question is, given I don't have a spot welder, where should I weld the skins to the frame? Just below door handle hole and same place on other side of skin? And then two bottom corners of skin? In these places should I drill a hole in the skin and plug weld to frame? Thanks for any info.

minimike
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Re: Where to plug weld skins

Post by minimike »

Hi guys,

I'm no expert but got doors done. Drilled a hole below door handle and plug welded it. Welded the skin to frame after I folded it over on the sides towards the bottom. Also welded at top of skin where to it meets window channel and finally seem on side just below window channel where it's half folded over if that makes sense.

I'm not expert but made sense to me! Good tutorials on youtube from matt green and Davejaguar66. Might help somebody