Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Southern Region Mystery Tour - Sunday August 12th

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Southern Region Mystery Tour - Sunday August 12th

Post by Billy »

Johnny Murphy and Ed Healy are organising a spin for us on Sunday August 12th.

We'll meet at the Statoil across from Dunnes Bishopstown in Cork for a cuppa before the off. Anyone interested can contact Johnny directly at 087-9503913

Billy

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Sunday morning and the weather forecast for the afternoon was crap. I had hoped to bring the Hornet but common sense said to drag out the Cooper with its waterproof roof! I was the last to arrive at the Bishopstown Statoil where the usual suspects were waiting. We had been promised more cars but in the end only 4 Minis turned up. A pity because ye missed a great day. Once we set off for West Cork, we didn't see a drop of rain!!!!

Our first stop was to the Celtic Ross in Rosscarbery for lunch. Great value and melt-in-your-mouth roast beef. Well recommended and the staff were excellent. From there the real driving started. Johnny Murphy and Ed Healy led in Johnny's Clubman Estate. Tommy & Noreen O'Sullivan followed, with Deirdre and Dave Healy in third, with myself and the kids last.

Our first off-road adventure was down to Galley Head and around by Dunmore back to Clonakilty. From Clonakilty we turned off for Ring, basically following the coast via Butlerstown, Courtmac, and Timoleague. At Timoleague we stopped for massive 99s when Micheal Martin TD cycled in to where we were sitting. My comment that the Greens were rubbing off on him was answered by "We were cycling a long time before they came along, boy!" Good man Micheal!

From Timoleague we set off again for a coffee at the Speckled Door in Garrettstown (thanks Ed). Incredibly once Ed had taken over driving Deirdre's flower power automatic, the pace of the convoy took off dramatically. Mind you, the ozone layer took a fair beating as a result as well!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/ ... r12.08.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/ ... 312.08.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/ ... 212.08.jpg

Overall a great day. The next SR excursion will be the camping weekend on August 24-26.

Billy
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

What is it with ye boys when ye head off on a run,it always has to take in a stop for 99,s somewhere :lol:
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

And a beach.... That's Ballybunion, Banna, and Garrettstown on the last 3 SR runs. Every time we go out on a run, there's enough sand to make a castle on the back floor of the Mini.

Billy
FlyingFinn
NON Member

Post by FlyingFinn »

We wished that we could have been there, but this damn birdflu just didnt give away! :roll:
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Billy,you should have taken the hornet,little bit of sand,some seaweed,a few peebles and a drop of water whenever it rains and you have a mobile rock pool.Though I doubt it,s very watertight but then again isopon is deadly stuff. :lol: :lol:
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.