Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

100k km maintenance on 2005 Mini Cooper. What's needed?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

MayoMini
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dugort, Co. Mayo
Region: Western

100k km maintenance on 2005 Mini Cooper. What's needed?

Post by MayoMini »

None of the maintenance records were filled in and I am a new Mini owner. The computer on the dash says i need maintenance in 4000 km. I've already driven around 20,000 km.
What do I need to have done for the next service? I assume oil change but the dash computer doesn't say oil? What else? Anyone know a reliable and affordable repair place Mayo that works on Minis? I could go to Galway City for the maintenance too.

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: 100k km maintenance on 2005 Mini Cooper. What's needed?

Post by woody »

When my wife took her MINI to BMW for its 5 year free services at first they didn't fill in or stamp the service record book because they keep the records on computer, she had to make them do it each time so your car may( or may not) have a full MINI service history. As you don't know the history of the car it be worth calling into a dealer to see if they know anything. The on board computer dash readout also gives you a service sub menu which breaks the service items down into individual items like brake fluid, front pads, rear pads and so on. The km reading on the brake pads can be decieving, when the pads wear to a certain point the pad ware sensor starts to ware also, if you renew the pads only the reading on the sensor remains the same.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR