Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Minis in the Auctions In Japan

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

bevan
NON Member

Minis in the Auctions In Japan

Post by bevan »

I am on the auctions most nights, and thought I might post up the odd mini I see for anyone interested to look at them, I have seen similar threads on other forums that are popular maybe this will give someone some inspiration. I might also throw in the odd link to parts I have seen in UP Garage or Yahoo Auctions Japan.

Wheel search for 101.6 Yahoo Japan
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... 1&slider=0

For the auctions, I access the auction catalogue through a mates website http://www.jdmauctionwatch.com I might set up a facebook page for Older classics in the auctions but dedicating time to posting stuff daily is hard to commit too, the amount of older European cars in the auctions is amazing, so far I have only imported Japanese cars but at some point I will bring in a traveller for myself and maybe a delta integralle to keep my Subaru Company.

Accessing JDM Auction Watch is free if you need advice on importing if I can answer your questions feel free to ask. It's not a cheap option, and for most people wouldn't be an option as the time involved 10-12 weeks plus the costs will out weigh the benefits.

The cheapest mini you will import will still cost in the area of €4,000 by the time shipping, fees and taxes are paid so you will be as well try find something closer to home, the benefits though are Jap cars are cleaner you have a huge choice and they are well maintained and properly assessed and graded both in the auction houses and by what ever agent you use and the buyers they have in the auctions.

Below are some from the last two weeks worth of sales

Dealer stock available through the auction

mgb1978
NON Member
Whats your location?: Co. Limerick
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1976 saloon , 1275cc, White with black roof. Converted to Discs on the cheap so stuck with 12"s for now.

Re: Minis in the Auctions In Japan

Post by mgb1978 »

Thank's for the info Bevan. :D
bevan
NON Member

Post by bevan »

Tonight's auctions are light on Mini's, so I added in a few nice Euro cars as well

bevan
NON Member

Post by bevan »

Found the holy grail in the auctions tonight. I even talked the other half into letting me chance a bid. I won't win it I haven't enough on it but it's the first one I have seen at auction in 10 years and only the 2nd in 15 years.

kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Some really tasty Minis going through the auctions,they may be more expensive to buy but fixing rust is far more of a pain in the long run.
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.