Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

T7 3.5kW heater installation including dash vents & PWM

Welcome to the Techinical of the IMOC.

The Irish Mini Owners Club and its officers provide this service as a service to its members and Mini enthusiasts in good faith and do not endorse or confirm any detail or claim pertaining to items posted by individuals using this forum.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, admin, woody, Moderators

marcexec
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin 14
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: '84 Austin Mini 998, aftermarket softtop conversion (probably done in the 90's), BRG (a shade darker than original), rare headlamp rims with peaks (one piece), 3 piece wooden dash with 2x gloveboxes
Modifications: 12x fusebox, moved to interior, Hi-Los and Stage 1 kit, W&P Style arches, 12" minilites, 4x Wipac, T7 heater with special Y pieces, 7Ah motorbike battery in engine bay, Powerspark Distributor, reclining bucket seats bolted directly to floor, custom switchboard with MP4 player as headunit and small 20W amplifier, some burr pieces

T7 3.5kW heater installation including dash vents & PWM

Post by marcexec »

Haven't posted in a long while, but wanted to share this "little" project to replace the stock heater.
This is the unit: http://www.t7design.co.uk/index.php?mai ... 108a9742ed
This is the concept:
The red spots mark where the Y pieces are - these can be seen on the 3rd picture below and are designed and 3D printed by Adam.

Some parts
ImageImageImage

I can't find the pictures for the modification to the dash atm, but essentially the original vents are attached to the wood with the aluminium rings (left on the 2nd photo). The heater itself is bolted to the firewall (I used rivnuts), allowing more free space around the feet.

To top it off I added a cheap PWM controller to adjust the fan speed seamlessly (no more loud vs. foggy considerations) - similar to this one.

Overall cost about 200€. It served us well in the last winter and I wouldn't want to go back :).

Lucas - Lord of the Darkness