Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

My 1979 Mini Clubman

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Dilogoat's Gruff
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

My 1979 Mini Clubman

Post by Dilogoat's Gruff »

Many of you know my clubman from over the years. I've joined up here again and I have a few updates and things that are happening at the moment.

To remind folk this is what it used to look like:

And after quite a lot of time, parts and money:

An engine bay respray:

Engine rebuild and refit

New floors:

More new bits

New alloys:

Wrongfully clamped:

Covered in oil because a neighbour had their skip burned out:

Trip to Goodwood Revival and back with Neil and a couple of mates.

When I got back from Goodwood I was both very happy that the car made it over and back without any real issues. I was also a little disappointed in the lack of power and noise - time for a 1380!

I bought John Cardoo's engine minus the box, a second hand box, new SC gear kit, 4 pin diff, twin 1 1/2" SUs and a few other new bits and I'm in the process of building it. I hope to have it all finished and ready to go within 2 months...wishful thinking but I like to dream.

Dilogoat's Gruff
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Re: My 1979 Mini Clubman

Post by Dilogoat's Gruff »

UPDATE:

Gearbox has been built by Lloyd. Just need to assemble the engine over the next while and the engine should be good to go.

I also purchased a new LCB, twin carbs are on the way soon along with a manifold and I decided to change my arches.

J