Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Eastern Region Monthly Meeting April the 25th

This section is about Events hosted/attended by the Irish Mini Owners Club

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

irishminis
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Watergrasshill
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: One Cooper, One Clubman Estate and One automatic City.

Eastern Region Monthly Meeting April the 25th

Post by irishminis »

The Eastern Region monthly meeting will have a different theme this month. Instead of the meeting taking place in a pub we decided that this month we would try having a technical night. So Thursday the 25th of April we will be holding the monthly meeting at Simon O’Carroll’s garage (Webmaster) located in the Dublin 15 area (just up the road from the Clonsilla Inn). Actual address will be posted closer to the event.

The theme we are hoping to have will be members asking questions about their Mini’s and other members answering them. Some of the more technical minded members have said they’ll be there to answer all question. The second part of the night we are hoping to have is a smaller version of the auto jumble. There won’t be any trade stands, just members would are looking to sell and members looking to buy.

If you require any more information, contact Simon on 086-8804800 or Martin on 087-6977407.

Thanks
Simon and Martin

Simon O'Carroll
Celebrating 30 years of the Irish Mini Owners Club, 60 years of the Mini, 55 years of the Moke and 50 years of the Clubman
IMOC Webmaster for too many years and counting!
zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

Re: Eastern Region Monthly Meeting April the 25th

Post by zakgt »

I assume this is a BYOB event, I.e. bring your own biscuits :D
Tony Cooney
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
What Minis have you?: 1992 Mini City

Post by Tony Cooney »

Bump!

Can anyone who's planning to go along to the monthly meeting above, let Simon know so that he knows how many tea bags and rich tea bikkies he needs to rob at work!
irishminis
Comittee Member

Post by irishminis »

Hi, here's a Map to my place https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 0E3S4yo-To

For any one who doesn't really know the area. I'm about 1 mile from the Clonsilla Inn (Old Monthly meeting location). If you were to leave the carpark, turn left towards the traffic lights and go straight through them. When you reach the petrol station (Discount fuels) and funeral home, continue through those traffic lights. At the next set of traffic lights turn right. About 30 yards turn right into the Housing estate and then the first turn left. I'm the 7th house down.

For any one travelling from the south side and planning on using the back road (R121) from Lucan passing "Westmanstown Golf Club". Just be aware that part of the road layout has been changed near the Clonsilla Train Station. The change won't really effect you coming to my place but will on the way back home. The change isn't very well marked out.

My number is 086-8804800 if your stuck. Address is 13 Portersgate Crescent, Portersgate, D15.
Thanks
Simon
Simon O'Carroll
Celebrating 30 years of the Irish Mini Owners Club, 60 years of the Mini, 55 years of the Moke and 50 years of the Clubman
irishminis
Comittee Member

Post by irishminis »

Thanks to every one who turn up last night. I all hope you enjoyed the evening and had your questions answered. Also thanks to Woody for his input.

Simon O'Carroll
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Crap night ,I learnt nothin :D

Only kidding, enjoyed the night, hadn't prepaired anything for the evening as I was expecting to answer more questions from the floor ( minis must be getting more reliable) but I hope some of the general pointers I gave were of help to the lads. Having Simons MPi half striped in the garage was a good chance to show everybody the changes that were introduced on the MPi's.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
D Seven
NON Member

Post by D Seven »

Really enjoyed the night ,Thanks Simon. Will now tackle the valves situation , i have. If I make a mess of things I"ll fill Ronans foundations with superglue, it might encourage him on the block laying front. Thank!s again........Dave.