Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Buying a mini any advice and anyone selling one?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

cianmini1
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Knocklyon Dublin 16,Ireland
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 79 Mini Clubman
Modifications: Snot-green,bucket seats,straight through exhaust,artificial grass.

Buying a mini any advice and anyone selling one?

Post by cianmini1 »

hi im 15 looking to buy a mini,does anyone one have advice on what to look out for , looking for cheap project or car, thanks a mil

(Text edited by Mod to ensure the synnecrosis of the topic )

If In Doubt,Flat Out!!!
drifthooligon
NON Member
Whats your location?: edenderry, Offaly
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 89 austin mini mayfair
Modifications: 1.3 mpi cooper engine, S Works pack

Re: Buying a mini any advice and anyone selling one?

Post by drifthooligon »

take it from me and make sure shes got all her paper work :lol: if your going to look at one i'd sujest bringing a pen or something along those lines to have a poke at the under side for rust, if your not mechanically minded bring along a mechanic or atleast somebody with mechanical no how to test drive the car and make sure its all sound, bring a torch and shine it through from the underside and lift the matts to check for light poking through and if the matts are damp thats a sign of water penetrating the cabin. a magnit would be handy aswell to check for filler in some areas and if you live an urban area such as a city centre are you sure a mini is in your best interest as lack of a garage to do repairs and maintenance can be a pain, also try avoid anything over 15 years old as insurance companys may not touch you with older vehicles, i myself have been turned down several times on account of my age.
Hope this helps,
Noel.
If duct tape cant fix it theres no hope