Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Boards.ie

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

drifthooligon
NON Member
Whats your location?: edenderry, Offaly
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 89 austin mini mayfair
Modifications: 1.3 mpi cooper engine, S Works pack

Boards.ie

Post by drifthooligon »

Hows things lads im making this post just to show the level of disrespect thats out there, as many of you know by now i'm restoring an 89 mayfair but what i hadn't told you is that i am yet to get the taxbook into my own name which will be tedious to say the least as the previous owner lost it and id prefer to deal with the matter myself. Anyways i went onto boards.ie to seek out information on how i would go about getting the log book in my name without the need of dealing with the previous owner and the level of disrespect i got from 1 or two people on there is beyond me, oh and theres minor insulting towards minis aswell :evil: hindsight being a great thing i supose i should've stuck to home and asked on here :oops: heres the link to have a look http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056855667?page=1

If duct tape cant fix it theres no hope
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: Boards.ie

Post by Billy »

So have you contacted Shannon yet?
Tommy C
NON Member
Whats your location?: Kingdom of Kerry
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1979 Full Historic Spec Rally Mini
1979 Mini Clubman 1100
1979 Mini 1000
1966 Irish Built Saloon (For Restoration)

Post by Tommy C »

When did you buy it ??
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Did you buy the car with the intention of breaking it for parts or to put on the road?
If you bought it for parts then you took a chance that it didn't belong to the seller but the evidence would would dissapear into other cars and you would get away with it.
If you bought it to put on the road then why buy a car with no paperwork from a dubious character ? You don't even know if he was the last registered owner.
What used to happen was you would get a garage to confirm in writing that you presented them with a car of such Make,Model,reg no. chassis no. and engine no. You would then apply to tax office with this information for the logbook. Tax office would contact last registered owner and if there was no objection or reply the new logbook would be issued to you.
Contact Shannon for any update or forms for that.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Noel,

As you said yourself on boards, you acted in good faith. Hopefully your car is legit but chalk it down to experience when buying your next car. We all did daft things when buying our first Minis, I know I certainly did, so I'm not going to criticise you for not doing all the normal checks. Several posters on boards have pointed you in the direction of the Motor Vehicle section in Shannon so follow up with that.

Billy
camroc
NON Member
Whats your location?: stephens green

Post by camroc »

im in the same boat as you, never got a log book, owner said he would get a new one and post it to me but two months later still nothing, he says it has to be taxed again but my guess is he doesn't want to pay the outstanding tax from when it was off the road but not declared
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Posted today on the Classic & Sportscar website:

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/news ... oss-the-uk
drifthooligon
NON Member

Post by drifthooligon »

Thanks for the replies lads ive the form got and any info i'll need so the only real obstical now is the funds for the whole process so hopefully when that's out of the way i can send them all off and itll be rightfully mine.
Benny
NON Member
Whats your location?: Louth
What Minis have you?: '88 Austin Mini

Post by Benny »

I'm not trying to start a row here but it looks like they only started to "disrespect" you after you blew a fuse in a few of your posts. Alot of them gave you solid advice. Also the mod was right to close that thread when he did :lol:
drifthooligon
NON Member

Post by drifthooligon »

Ah no i know that there was a good few lads there giving solid advice to me and i was grateful for it but i was more so havin a bit of agro over those few comments made by as said above 1 or 2 people, the rest were sound enough to give me a dig out of a situation