Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

first mini

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

camroc
NON Member
Whats your location?: stephens green
Region: Eastern

first mini

Post by camroc »

hi there, my names cormac, im new here and in the market for my first mini, have been looking at quite a few and found some that grab my attention, just wondering if anyone knows or has any info on this mini http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3537859
also does anyone have any advice on buying a first mini, cheers in advance, cormac :D

Scoobasteve7
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: West Cork
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1983 Mini City E

Re: first mini

Post by Scoobasteve7 »

Hi Camroc

Welcome to the forum! :)

I dont know that mini but for a bit of advice on minis the best thing I could suggest is ask one of the lads on here that deal with minis living near you if they would mind going with you to see the car. There's plenty of knowledge there! :)

If not, first thing I'd check myself would be the sills, scuttle panel and boot floor as these tend to rust first on minis. Take it for a spin and make sure all the gears are smooth and dont crunch. Lock the steering all the way to both the left and right and drive in a circle. (If there's a clicking noise the car needs new CV joints.)

For 3000 I'd be expecting a very roadworthy car with minimal to no rust. It looks good in the pictures alright but having looked at a few before myself (and bought worse myself!! ha) I can tell you that cars in general not just minis can be misleading in photos.

Best of luck with your hunt/purchase! :)
jocelynn
IMOC Paid Member

Post by jocelynn »

If you need any advise try paul kelly in minifix he is based in dublin. his number is 087 2597085
camroc
NON Member
Whats your location?: stephens green
Region: Eastern

Post by camroc »

She is as clean as she looks, minimal rust, clean as a whistle all over, drives real nice, only problem notes are she pulls a bit to the left and grinds when going from 3rd to 2nd