Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

long term project

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

DAVEY_C
NON Member

long term project

Post by DAVEY_C »

ive had this car the past maybe 9 yrs, use to be own'd by my grandmother , but never got a chance to do much with it apart from stripping it down untill the past few months. for a 91 she was not a rusted as you would expect but then again it was only on the road for 10/11 yrs....
well i will start off with a few pic's to let you's know how i have been progressing :lol:

this is how she sat all last year undercover

these were the obvious repairs that were needed but also the boot floor is shot

1st thing to do i supose was repair them doors because i find that you can store your rusty panels but it still spreads, sooo with my helper on a good hourly rate i first got him to strip the door followed by the repair, new frame section was needed on both so i used the old skins for that and now they sit ready for reskins....

we then decided to remove the scuttle corners as they were looking a bit thin on top and seen the p/s flitch panel needed a repair so that was done next, due to my finished plans i blanked off the fresh air vents...

i always wanted a mk1 so decided to give it a subtle mk1 look so got onto minispares and bought these and got a set of mk1 rear lights of ebay... should look quite well i think.... :lol:

i hope to get the boot floor sorted next and a small hole in the drivers floor so i can get the underside finished and treated but need some panels so miniquip will be getting a call soon.

hughes recovery for the best price and service
http://hughesrecovery.weebly.com/index.html
mustard
NON Member
What Minis have you?: 97 rover cooper sportspack, a bloody metro and MY 61 mini van

Re: long term project

Post by mustard »

looking good davey, keep it up...:)
If ya can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

J & A Commercials and Auto Repairs ltd.
From Minis to Trucks, everything and anything
Clondalkin Dublin 22
Contact Mick: 0868526492 or 014578687
hughesmarkie
NON Member

Post by hughesmarkie »

Looks class Davey keep the updates coming, the mk1 rears will be a nice touch when she's done :D

Mark
DAVEY_C
NON Member

Post by DAVEY_C »

well i'm back again people, was away for a while with a back injury but looks like i can get back to mini's prity soon :D

at the time i got the panels from miniquip so should have plenty to keep me going... i'd also like to get cracking with building the turbo motor but i'll see how i get on but anyways its good to see all the other projects progressing and i hope to have an update on mine soon lads :)

DAVEY_C
NON Member

Post by DAVEY_C »

a small update on how its progressing, want to get the underside right 1st..... do enjoy :D

i needed to replace the full inner sills so they were in my last order from miniquip... here's the drivers side in but not fully welded up because i have to replace the bottom of flitch panel, the rear heal board corner and drivers floor corner needs rust replaced...

i also had to straighten up the front floor because it was bent up from the pads off a 2 poster lift, looks reasonablygood now but still needs some further shaping. i removed the wire clip that runs the lenght of the underside and unearthed some rust i suspected was there but expected more... lucky.... so i cut a repair panel from another shell i have and trimmed it to fit.
i have this whole section of floor repaired but only have pic's from half repaired..

i started tubing the rear arches.. instead of welding in a patch panel all round i opted to hammer and dolly the metal out and trim it back. its not finished yet but looks quite good if i do say so myself haha... i'm going to turret the rear too so i can run her low on a rear beam.

i now need to get a sheet of steel to get a few panels fab'd up so i can finish the drivers side and get cracking on the passenger side.

knock.mini
NON Member
Whats your location?: Knocknagoshel, North Kerry
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1983 Mini

Post by knock.mini »

well davey was wondering would you send me a link about the rear light conversion i weass thinking of getting them sound
Mini Mad!