Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Halloween and Minis dont mix

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Goose
NON Member

Halloween and Minis dont mix

Post by Goose »

On my way into town tonight my Mini became a target for eggs and glass bottles by a group of youths in a bad part of Limerick. Needless to say I stopped to survey the damage only for them to follow me and continue to throw missiles. The car came away covered in egg and a few nasty dents.....but no broken glass. I came out with a large bump from a glass bottle. I received a very poor response when this was reported to the authorities.

Then about 30 minutes ago, about 7 guys proceeded to tip over a 94 Green Mini Cooper parked in town while one guy danced on the roof screaming "Mr. Bean". I reported this also and got out of my car only to be met with abuse, ignorance and indifference.

These guys are just really lucky that Darwinian selection is a really slow process !!!!

And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!

Scoobasteve7
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: West Cork
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1983 Mini City E

Re: Halloween and Minis dont mix

Post by Scoobasteve7 »

Thats fierce bad form.
Especially from the authorities.

I got the same treatment before when my car was stolen. (thankfully not my mini.).
The only thing the guards told me was there was a 99 percent chance my car was burnt out, used in crime or crashed and damaged beyong repair and a 1 percent chance of only one of these.

Suprisingly I got mine back with nothing to replace but all the door locks. :)
dlampkin
NON Member
Whats your location?: Limerick
What Minis have you?: '94 Mini 35

Post by dlampkin »

Goose wrote:On my way into town tonight my Mini became a target for eggs and glass bottles by a group of youths in a bad part of Limerick. Needless to say I stopped to survey the damage only for them to follow me and continue to throw missiles. The car came away covered in egg and a few nasty dents.....but no broken glass. I came out with a large bump from a glass bottle. I received a very poor response when this was reported to the authorities.

Then about 30 minutes ago, about 7 guys proceeded to tip over a 94 Green Mini Cooper parked in town while one guy danced on the roof screaming "Mr. Bean". I reported this also and got out of my car only to be met with abuse, ignorance and indifference.

These guys are just really lucky that Darwinian selection is a really slow process !!!!
They must have something against '94 Green Coopers :roll: Came out at ~6pm last night to find my mirror hanging off. It was bright out when this happened...
Attachments
SNV39310.jpg
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

dlampkin wrote:
They must have something against '94 Green Coopers :roll: Came out at ~6pm last night to find my mirror hanging off. It was bright out when this happened...
You in LIT by any chance ??
And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!

dlampkin
NON Member
Whats your location?: Limerick
What Minis have you?: '94 Mini 35

Post by dlampkin »

Goose wrote:
dlampkin wrote:
You in LIT by any chance ??
I am indeed, don't suppose the black sidewalk out there is yours?
joebe1
NON Member
Whats your location?: Carrick on shannon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1980 mini saloon (fip) 1275cc
1969 Clubman gt historic rally car, 1380 c/r s/c dog box, split 45 webbers
1980 irish clubman estate
1969 mk2 retro rally car 1293 s/c gearbox

Post by joebe1 »

Unfortunatly I see this in the eduction profession as well. People, (I wont sterotype :D ) can shout abuse, trash your car, but if you take the law into your own hands, it becomes you thats at fault.

Whats the answer? keeping in mind that the gaurds have no control because they can do nothing.
kona
NON Member

Post by kona »

Goose wrote:On my way into town tonight my Mini became a target for eggs and glass bottles by a group of youths in a bad part of Limerick. Needless to say I stopped to survey the damage only for them to follow me and continue to throw missiles. The car came away covered in egg and a few nasty dents.....but no broken glass. I came out with a large bump from a glass bottle. I received a very poor response when this was reported to the authorities.

Ive relocated to ennis, Full of these "types" wouldnt bring my mini near here. Dopes, hope your car is ok.
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

@ Kona

Ya it could have been worse. Some nasty dents and paint damage but nothing broken.

@ Joe

A .22 rifle + scope + silencer ........LOL. Am well aware of the lack of law/justice here.......but what can be done :(

@ dlampkin

Ya....the sidewalk is me alright :) . Same happened my mirror in town. Glued it back together a few times and it kept breaking. I fibreglassed the inside of where the mirror screws to the door and re-drilled the hole. Much stronger now.