Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Best palce to get alloys?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

tilly
NON Member

Best palce to get alloys?

Post by tilly »

Ive been thinking about getting a set of 12x6 starmags and the tires to go with them. Does anyone have any advice about the best place to get them. Second hand would obviously be the best but i wouldn't say they come up second hand

Goose
NON Member

Re: Best palce to get alloys?

Post by Goose »

Looking around myself too . I noticed that getting a new set with Yoko A539 tyres/nuts/centres and balanced, from somewhere like Midland mheels in the UK worked out almost as cheap (~450-550 euro-ish incl. postage) as buying a second hand set for >150 euro + Cheap tyres (GT radials 145/70/12) 170 euro or A539's 240 euro-ish + Nuts 15-20 euro + Balancing 20 Euro.........and with new you wont have to worry (hopefully) about peeling laquer or Kerbing.

Just my thoughts on it as I am in the market myself for a set at the minute :)
And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!

StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Post by StanO'Toole »

[quote="Goose"](GT radials 145/70/12)quote]

My 12 x 4.5's were running 145's? The 12 x 6's that the Mini has now are 165's?
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen:
Goose
NON Member

Post by Goose »

Sorry I misread.....thought it said 12 x 5 :roll:

Anyway.......still think if you can afford a new set ...thats the way to go. Unless you get a really good second hand set :wink:
And I said, Officer, I didn't want to be drunk in public...I wanna be drunk in the bar. Now last time I checked it was still legal to be drunk in the bar. They threw me into public...arrest them!