Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

14 years since IMM in Bandon.

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: 14 years since IMM in Bandon.

Post by woody »

3 years
First year you find a venue and cost all the setting up and running the event then you put a proposal to the IMM presedents meeting along with any other clubs proposing to run it and it goes to a vote.
Second year if your bid was successful you book everything and raise sponsership to pay deposits and start building up a crew then return to the IMM with a general presentation and advertise the event for the following year.
Third year you finalise everything ,advertise more and start taking the bookings and then run the weekend ,Then tidy up and go home.

Anybody thinking of getting involved in this should attend at least 3 contenental IMM's (UK IMM's are a different format) to get a feel for IMM before concidering it. If you can't make it to 3 IMM's then you haven't got the time or dedication to run this.As chairman of IMM'97 I can tell you its a lot of work, and volinteers are the worst employees :D

We had 673 minis with about 1300 people

TECHNICAL MODERATOR
Mummy Hen
NON Member

Post by Mummy Hen »

But you had a great time with it all though Woody. so perhaps you could help who ever is willing to do it again,,,!!!!!!!!! , we would be more than willing to help in any way we can, :lol:
spicooper
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Naas
Kildare
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1980 Mini Specical
1979 1000 Saloon
1994 spi cooper

Post by spicooper »

I was not a member at the time and only heard about the IMM on the radio by accident. I had a rotten 77 mini in the garden at time so we headed down to the show it really got the mini bug juices going. Been a member since. It was a great show and the team did us proud.

Cheers

spicooper
Cleancar.ie
NON Member

Post by Cleancar.ie »

spicooper wrote:I was not a member at the time and only heard about the IMM on the radio by accident. I had a rotten 77 mini in the garden at time so we headed down to the show it really got the mini bug juices going. Been a member since. It was a great show and the team did us proud.

Cheers

spicooper
Agree 100% - the show was a credit to the organisers, brilliant show, location and the whole lot. I know with current IMM numbers a good location would be harder to come by, but it would be brilliant to see it over here again.

I think they are announcing the host countries for 2013 and 2014 at the IMM in Hungary - hopefully there will be one closer to home, Cherbourg would be nice haha :)
Superior Car Care Products - http://www.cleancar.ie