Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

MTM What a route

This section is about Events hosted/attended by the Irish Mini Owners Club

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Number 8
NON Member

MTM What a route

Post by Number 8 »

I would like to thank all involved with the MTM. Aidean, Tommie, Joe and Laurna and the back up crew.Also to all who took part, It was a real test for mini's and drivers.

Number 8
Eamonn & Phillip Newton

"Small car, but great history to it."
Laurna77
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Sligo
Region: Western
Modifications: Metro engine

Re: MTM What a route

Post by Laurna77 »

Thanks yourself Eamonn. It was a great weekend. Roll on next year
Laurna Conboy
Pro / Event Coordinator
087-6265396
EAMOSPUD
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: The Rebel County ...
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1972 mini 850
Modifications: None ( Well nearly none... ) twin 1"1/4 su carbs , KN filters, cooper freeflow manifold, RC40 single box side exit.

Post by EAMOSPUD »

Yes indeed super weekend . Thanks and well done to all involved front of house and behind the scenes ! Spot on job!
Great route ! Great minis ! Great People ! And great Weather !
What more could ya ask for

It's my 3rd MTM and this one has being the best Fun !!!!!!

Roll on 2012........... :D
Tony Cooney
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1992 Mini City

Post by Tony Cooney »

I'd also like to say a big thanks to Aidan, Joe, Laurna & Tommy for a super job done on this years MTM. From being on the organising team last year, I know only too well the amount of time & dedication that goes into the event and you all gave us an absolutely fantastic gig this year.
This was my 3rd MTM and it was the BEST ever!!

Mummy Hen & Ron are staying with us for a few days and we've just been recapping all our highlights of what was a brillo weekend :D

Cheers folks. Enjoy your well deserved rest!

Tony
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Big thanks to all the organizers ,a great route ( although Killians last mile was questionable) all perfectly organized. Well done.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
mireyjo
NON Member

Post by mireyjo »

I too wish to thank everyone for a great weekend. It was my first time on the run and hopefully not the last, I can't wait to go again. For anyone who has yet to go, pack the bags and get the car ready for next year,
you'll love it!

It was so well put together I can't imagine just how much work the organisers had to do. Well done for putting it all together and providing so many of us with a weekend none of us will ever forget.

I also would like to thank all the guys who looked after me and got me to Malin head, you all made me feel so welcomed into the group and helped to make the weekend even better.

Hope to see you all again next year, if not sooner.
Miriam
Paparazzi Pat
NON Member

Post by Paparazzi Pat »

I would like to thank the organisers of this run and say ill be back. I came across some fantastic locations throught the country that i missed but with the right planning i will be there to catch you all next year. Unfortunatly in my rush to make the prenultimate stop before malin head i passed several rural locations that would make stunning photographs with your cars. Some reccing is in order here and i will sort this out with you alll before next years run.
Having organised small runs for classic cars before i know how much work goes on behind the scenes and greatfully appreciate the work of the organisers who deserve a round of applause.
Much to my surprise was that this event was held without any sponcership and that shows the level of commitment the club members are prepared to put in.

Regards
Patrick Mullan
Irish Vintage Scene :D
BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Post by BlackSe7en »

[quote="woody"]Big thanks to all the organizers ,a great route ( although Killians last mile was questionable) all perfectly organized. Well done.[/quote]

Just looking up Google maps.We were on the correct route until we pulled into the small carpark (it wasn't the end of that road). Had we come out and turned right , we would have have stayed on the route as per the Route Book, but my detour (which shows up as a white road on Google maps) also fitted in with the instructions and got us there (not quicker, but in a shorter distance).
No wonder Joe Conboy looked at me quizically when I asked him about that road.

Many thanks to Organisers for a great weekend (I'll show you the above mentioned road for next year's run, if you want).
spud1979
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: wexford
What Minis have you?: 1961 Morris Mini mk1
1961 Morris Irish Van
1969 Austin Mini irish mk2
1973 Clubman estate
1980 Clubman GT

Post by spud1979 »

Would like to thank all the crew, my first ever trip out and loved it and will be back next year without a doubt. Thought the route was brilliant, really tested the car, and I never knew it could fly until this weekend. Great people and great route
Thanks again
Car 89
Jp Scallan
ian o B
NON Member
Whats your location?: strokestown road
co. longford
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1995 jap-imported spi cooper
1974 Australian clubman panel van - still in oz
Modifications: Adjustable gaz shocks and adjusta ride height, 6x12 deepdish minilights ultimate engine steady, grp 2 arches, maniflow exhaust.

Post by ian o B »

I too would like to thank those who organised a savage weekend :) fair play to yee,

had to find ot wat a "yump" was the hard way :lol:
zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

Post by zakgt »

I want to add my thanks to team as well. I have done a good few MTMs at this stage and always considered it to be about the drive and the rest are good trimmings. This year gave me the best driving feeling to date, I feel I earned the finishers plaque. I loved it and myself and Colin are already discussing going down to Athlone during summer and are doing the second stage again (but not in a 850cc).

Thanks again and I will be back next year.
CLUBMANGT
NON Member
Whats your location?: Leopardstown
What Minis have you?: 86 Mayfair 1000GT
Modifications: 1275 and bar the shell and subframes new everything!! IMOC MEMBER

Post by CLUBMANGT »

Many, many thanks to all the team behind the MTM it was my first and I hope the first of many for me . Thanks to Billy for the tea on the way down and thank and to Bert for the passenger seat .

ps , sorry to Aidan for the little diversion :roll:
ALL YOU NEED IS POWER AND LOADS OF IT!!!
cooper7
NON Member

Post by cooper7 »

what a great weekend just gone.thanks to all who made it possible .best and longest drive i ever had in my car hope to return again for more next year .
louthharry
NON Member
Whats your location?: drogheda
What Minis have you?: 68 rally replica
2000 cooper sport
Modifications: yes

Post by louthharry »

big thank you to the crew on mtm we had a fantastic few days and enjoyed every moment of it ! :mrgreen:
looking forward to next year
harry & nicole :D :D :D
keith
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dún Laoghaire, Dublin
What Minis have you?: '93 SPi cooper

Post by keith »

roll on 2012....

Signature still awaiting top-coat and lacquer....
Kenneth Murphy
NON Member
Whats your location?: knockbine
tullycanna
ballymitty
co. wexford.
What Minis have you?: 1972 pick up
1979 leyland
88 designer

Post by Kenneth Murphy »

i want one
................................FOUNDER OF HILLBILLY ENGINEERING.................................
FROM THIS TO THISImage
CLUBMANGT
NON Member
Whats your location?: Leopardstown
What Minis have you?: 86 Mayfair 1000GT
Modifications: 1275 and bar the shell and subframes new everything!! IMOC MEMBER

Post by CLUBMANGT »

That just might get you over the (yump) with all your teeth still in your head :roll: :lol:
ALL YOU NEED IS POWER AND LOADS OF IT!!!
Mummy Hen
NON Member

Post by Mummy Hen »

Please may I make a request regarding next years run,,, when we get our goody bag Please could we NOT have a map book... every night since our return he has sat in his chair a, with both route book and map book tracing the route,,,marking it on the map,,,, and every so often there is a shout of joy as he looks at all the wiggly roads we drove down on the map.. mind you it has made him a happy feller, and kept him out of my way ,,,,, so on second thoughts,,, forget the request,,,,,,,
BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Post by BlackSe7en »

[quote="Mummy Hen"]Please may I make a request regarding next years run,,, when we get our goody bag Please could we NOT have a map book... every night since our return he has sat in his chair a, with both route book and map book tracing the route,,,marking it on the map,,,, and every so often there is a shout of joy as he looks at all the wiggly roads we drove down on the map.. mind you it has made him a happy feller, and kept him out of my way ,,,,, so on second thoughts,,, forget the request,,,,,,,[/quote]

How many times has he said something like
"Well that's where YOU went wrong, it was the second left , not the first"? :D
Mummy Hen
NON Member

Post by Mummy Hen »

Sorrt blackse7en he hasent ,, I never get things wrong,,, just like eery other female in this land, I am alway right,,, :D