Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Red-matte sprite

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

tilly
NON Member

Red-matte sprite

Post by tilly »

This is my first project and my first mini. Iv had the car for almost two years now, but i decided to take her off the road and restore her. I'm going for a bit of a rat look. Ive got no mechanical or body work background. I'm just really into cars and thought it was about time i knew more about them. So here we go!!! Any advice would be appreciated :D

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: Red-matte sprite

Post by Billy »

Links fixed.

Billy
CLUBMANGT
NON Member
Whats your location?: Leopardstown
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 86 Mayfair 1000GT
Modifications: 1275 and bar the shell and subframes new everything!! IMOC MEMBER

Post by CLUBMANGT »

Did you rattle can the whole car :?: . Did you sort the carb :?:
ALL YOU NEED IS POWER AND LOADS OF IT!!!
tilly
NON Member

Post by tilly »

yeah it was rattle cans all the way. The roof and scuttle isnt done yet though, i uploaded the wrong picture. The one thats up at the moment is photoshopped, the bonnet, grill and front end is done though. I was thinking of doing a matte black vinyl on the roof to save time. I haven't got round to the carb yet. once the body is sorted Im gonna look at the carb and new exhaust system then maybe the interior :)
10ft baby
NON Member
Whats your location?: Limerick
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: Rover Cooper MPI

Post by 10ft baby »

Like the idea of matte black, think its a really cool look and suits the body style, needs a big engine to go with it though, B16 conversion at some stage maybe??! :twisted: