Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

'72 Mini

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

oel159
NON Member
What Minis have you?: 1972 Mini

'72 Mini

Post by oel159 »

Think this is long overdue but after signing up with the club I thought i'd throw up a quick thread on my Mini.

It's a 1972 Mini 850 and a Dublin car, have been in contact with the original owner who is delighted that it is still on the road, albeit a different colour than when it started it's life. It spent the best part of the 90's in a field and was picked up by a family member to restore for a friend during the good times. A lot of hard work and money was put into the car to get it right, was treated to a respray, full leather re-trim, belts, wheels, exhaust etc, but the new owner had more money than sense and when he took delivery of it, blew the engine and brakes after one day.

It sadly sat for two years until I got my hands on it in March 2010. Unfortunately the tow truck man wasn't as careful as he should have been and it lost it's grill and registration plate :(. So up it went and managed to get it home.

Will have more current photo's as soon as I upload em and the rest of the story on how she is now.

StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Re: '72 Mini

Post by StanO'Toole »

Did he wrap the winch around the grill :?: :?
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen: