Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

The Collection so far . . .

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Darran
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: Abbeyleix
Co. Laois
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1961 Austin Seven,1982 Mini Van,1980 Clubman Estate,1982 Clubman Estate,1986 Mini City,1991 Mini Neon,1994 Mini Cabriolet,1996 Mini Cooper,1997 Mini Cooper Sportspack,1999 Mini Cooper Sportspack

The Collection so far . . .

Post by Darran »

Hi Everyone,
I have been around here long enough now, so finally getting around to putting up some pictures of the minis i have. Hope ye like!

Darran.

Well first up is a 1961 Austin Seven. It is a 1960 Irish built CKD mini and registered in the first week of January 1961. There are only 2 previous owners on the brown tax book. It is completely original except for new carpets fitted recently. I dont think the corner bars on the bumpers would have been on it originally. It is great to drive and in some cases better than some of the newer minis i have. It always puts a smile on my face when out for a spin in it!

Well next up is my 1980 Clubman Estate 1100cc, it has 15,000 genuine miles on it all backed up with old bills and mots. I bought it 4 years ago in Newcastle in the UK. It was a 1 owner car from new and had belonged to one of the owners of a well known department stores "Fenwicks". After he had passed,his family gave it to their local garage to sell on. Last year i got the sides resprayed and new decals put on to put it back in show condition. It had been Ziebarted from new and this really stood to it over the years. It won best in class at last years IMOC camping weekend.

Next up is a 1982 Clubman Estate HL 998cc, it has 11,000 genuine miles all backed up with old bills and mots. It is completely original and has never been restored or repainted. It had been in dry storage for almost 20 years after the 1st. owner passed away. I have owned it for nearly 5 years now.

Next up is a 1982 Minivan, it has 26,000 miles on it but im not sure if its genuine as i have no history with it. Its not show condition but very clean. I hope to get it to show condition in the near future.

Next up is a 1994 Rover Mini Cabriolet 1275cc, with 26,000 miles on it. I have all the old bills and mots to back this up. It is a genuine Rover Mini Cabriolet and they only made approx 250 of them. Pity we dont get the weather to enjoy the hood down!

Next up is a 1991 Rover Mini Neon 998cc. with just 14,000 miles backed up with old bills and mots. I bought this down in Cornwall 5 years ago. It was a 1 owner car from new, owned by an elderly lady who passed away. Her family gave it to their local garage to sell on. It drives like brand new and 100% rust free.

Next up is a 1996 Mini Cooper, it is a jap import and bought it in 2006. It was 100% corrosion free but coming from a hot climate the paint work was faded and dull so i had a full respray done on it, a windows out etc. a proper job. It also has factory fit air condition as standard and still works perfect on those rare warm days. Then last year i bought a trailer from Mummy Hen on this forum (all the way from Devon) and got it resprayed green also. I finished it off with matching alloys, mudflaps and copper decals. The car has 56,000kms on it to date. I did MTM'09 in it and completed the journey without fault!

Next up is a car that is special to me, its the first Mini that i bought 12 years ago when it was just 2 years old. Its a 1997 Mini Cooper Sportspack with just 21,000 miles on it. I have always had it garaged since and has never been restored or painted.

Next up is a 1986 Mini City E, Its not a show winner just yet but i like it because it is a good solid little mini and it is the last year of the Irish registrations. I hope to get round to respraying it someday in the future and bringing it back to a show standard.

Last up is a 1999 Mini Cooper Sportspack. This is the mini you would most likely to see me out in on an IMOC run! I also did MTM'10 in it with out fault. It has a maniflow manifold and exhaust with KN airfilter etc., its pretty quick and has a great raspy sound from the exhaust! :twisted:

Darran.
Last edited by Darran on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darran Hutchinson
PRO / Event Coordinator
Irish Mini Owners Club
StevenR
NON Member

Re: The Collection so far . . .

Post by StevenR »

:shock: thats some collection Darran
Iwill
NON Member
Whats your location?: clare
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: Morris Mini 1968
Modifications: None unless rust counts

Post by Iwill »

thats a nice collection you have there i notice in the last mini you have electric windows just like the ones in my brother camper :D
I will make it fit with a hammer
CLUBMANGT
NON Member
Whats your location?: Leopardstown
What Minis have you?: 86 Mayfair 1000GT
Modifications: 1275 and bar the shell and subframes new everything!! IMOC MEMBER

Post by CLUBMANGT »

Top class cars never knew you had so many, :shock: is it just an age thing but the older I get the more I seem to like the early cars :roll: your 61 is about as sweet as it gets for me :wink:
ALL YOU NEED IS POWER AND LOADS OF IT!!!
mini mad sam
NON Member
Whats your location?: midleton, county cork.
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1985 MINI
1991 MINI
1975 MINI CLUBMAN ESTATE

Post by mini mad sam »

Nice Collection!!

Any hope of you selling the mini van?

Im looking for a mini van or pick up even one for restoration would do..
miniblade
NON Member
Whats your location?: Wexford
What Minis have you?: 79 Yellow Mini 1000,
Modifications: Lots.......

Post by miniblade »

one of the nicest collections ive seen so far, fair play to you darran...
DaveC
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Dublin

Post by DaveC »

Amazing collection you have there.

How long have you had the Mark 1? There used to be a very similar one in the club in the early 90's
Darran
Comittee Member
Co. Laois
What Minis have you?: 1961 Austin Seven,1982 Mini Van,1980 Clubman Estate,1982 Clubman Estate,1986 Mini City,1991 Mini Neon,1994 Mini Cabriolet,1996 Mini Cooper,1997 Mini Cooper Sportspack,1999 Mini Cooper Sportspack

Post by Darran »

Thanks guys, i found im the same Tony, the older im getting the more of a longing i have for the older minis, mk1s & mk2s etc.
Mini mad sam i dont think i could afford to sell any of them at the moment! :wink:
@ DaveC, i bought the Mk1 last September from a man in Roundwood in Wicklow and i know he owned it for about 10 years. I would love to find out anymore info on its history if anyone has any info on it.

Darran.
Darran Hutchinson
PRO / Event Coordinator
Irish Mini Owners Club
PAUL D
NON Member
What Minis have you?: 1979 850 deluxe
Modifications: group 2 arches,semi dish steering wheel, comics,plenty of chrome bits!

Post by PAUL D »

Lovely colection darhutch !
nice variety and all so spotless !
keep up the good work.
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

Lovely to see the whole Mini collection together.The Seven and the van look great together.
Real Clubmans have a square nose.Seriously.
Laurna77
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Sligo
Region: Western
Modifications: Metro engine

Post by Laurna77 »

What a lovely Collection Darran, Fair to ya
Laurna Conboy
Pro / Event Coordinator
087-6265396
EAMOSPUD
Comittee Member
Whats your location?: The Rebel County ...
What Minis have you?: 1972 mini 850
Modifications: None ( Well nearly none... ) twin 1"1/4 su carbs , KN filters, cooper freeflow manifold, RC40 single box side exit.

Post by EAMOSPUD »

Awesome collection Darran.
Great work
Love the mk1.
pn951
NON Member
Whats your location?: Cork
What Minis have you?: 1979 Van
1979 Pick-Up
1990 RSP Cooper
1991 Lamm Convertible
1992 Mayfair
Modifications: Rust Rust Rust. Oh sorry thats not a mod, thats standard...

Post by pn951 »

Very very very nice collection. All it takes is time and money....!! Just one question.... did you buy the last one, the 99 red Sportspack, from Ger O'Leary in Cork? He had one like that for sale last year (or even the year before).
Darran
Comittee Member
Co. Laois

Post by Darran »

pn951 wrote:Very very very nice collection. All it takes is time and money....!! Just one question.... did you buy the last one, the 99 red Sportspack, from Ger O'Leary in Cork? He had one like that for sale last year (or even the year before).
Hi pn951, no i dont think so, i bought it private form a guy in Tipperary last year, i dont think he had owned it that long as it didnt suit his everyday driving.

Darran.
Darran Hutchinson
PRO / Event Coordinator
Irish Mini Owners Club
Kenneth Murphy
NON Member
Whats your location?: knockbine
tullycanna
ballymitty
co. wexford.
What Minis have you?: 1972 pick up
1979 leyland
88 designer

Post by Kenneth Murphy »

damn darren thats a fine collection
................................FOUNDER OF HILLBILLY ENGINEERING.................................
FROM THIS TO THISImage
miniroar
NON Member
Whats your location?: if I had a garage probably in there!
What Minis have you?: 1990 BRG and 1972 Saloon
Modifications: Roll cage,custom dash/smiths gauges, Sony xplod ICE 15" sub boot build, 6 x 9's under rear seat,13cm dash, amp built into parcel shelf, Blue angel eyes,neons, MR2 seats, zeemax kit, superlights 13 x 7

Post by miniroar »

That's an unbelivable collection! :shock: ! thats mini dedication good job