Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Bargain ???

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

mgb1978
NON Member
Whats your location?: Co. Limerick
Region: Southern
What Minis have you?: 1976 saloon , 1275cc, White with black roof. Converted to Discs on the cheap so stuck with 12"s for now.

Bargain ???

Post by mgb1978 »

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1844829

Anyone know this car ?
Hard to tell much from the photo.

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: Bargain ???

Post by Billy »

Don't know the car but it's being sold by Ray Cunningham at the Galway Mini Centre. Ray is one of Ireland's leading Historics Mini rallymen.
Mossess
NON Member
Whats your location?: Limerick
Region: Western

Post by Mossess »

hello, I've been looking at this too. Bit confused by the "Rust breaking out in spots so in need of minor repair, would suit enthusiast " - is this code for needs a bit of work, but shouldn't cost that much if you know what your doing, and have the time to work on it?
DAVEY_C
NON Member

Post by DAVEY_C »

i would be aware that the mpi's rust an awfull lot quicker that the earlier models... them windscreen rubbers (because their bigger) are big rust pockets so there could be alot of rust on the car but at the same time what mini for 1600 doesn't.... but then again the mpi's are very reliable also. imo it would be a honest project but maybe ring and see what panels are rusty, price them and then make up your mind. i was talking to ray on the phone a couple of years back and found it quite helpfull regarding mini parts so could'nt see him steering you wrong...

hughes recovery for the best price and service
http://hughesrecovery.weebly.com/index.html