Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Club Mag

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

ned78
NON Member

Post by ned78 »

[quote="Billy"]Kerryminigringo, despite his protestations not be considered an employee of either BMW or MINI earlier in this thread, Ned78 has identified himself on the new MCI site ...

Billy[/quote]

You asked if I work for MINI or BMW, and I told you the truth, I work for neither. And it shouldn't matter who I work for, I drive a MINI, and am buying a classic.

I'd also thank you to not flaunt my job, company, or title on the Website. FWIW, I did some very hard promo, and organisation work for the IMOC, and would think that that at least deserves a little discretion.

If there's moderators on this forum, I'd ask that they edit the concerned posts to remove where I work for obvious reasons.
Last edited by ned78 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

kieran
NON Member

TO NED78

Post by kieran »

Owen, the offending text has been deleted. please accept my apology on behalf of the IMOC. The view expressed in the context of the question asked, was a personal one of "Billy" and does not reflect the view of the IMOC membership. I for one appreciate all your help and friendship to the IMOC & members over the years.

Kieran O'Carroll
President IMOC 2006
ned78
NON Member

Post by ned78 »

Thanks Kieran,

I think this has gone too far. We should all agree to wrap up these threads and move on as one club. Whatever direction the MCOI takes, I think the IMOC will still continue to flourish, and I will still help wherever I can.

For the record, if I do buy my classic, I might just be on MTM500 :-)
BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Post by BlackSe7en »

"I'll start off, I'm ***** blah,blah ***. As it happens, I'm also the Admin for this site. I usually drive MINI Coopers, but I'll be buying a classic too at some point in the future. And I found out about the site, because I run it "

Ned ,
The above quote was taken from the following link,

http://www.miniclub.ie/modules.php?name ... =9&start=0

Since you run the Website and I assume that you put it together , please explain why you have the following entry against the link to http://www.irishminis.ie.
"Description: The IMOC is another Mini club in Ireland, their website features Forums, Galleries, Classifieds, is very useable, [b]but the Forum Banter seems to be anti New MINI as of late."[/b]

If it wasn't you that put it up, I'll apologise now for accussing you in error, but I would like to know why the MCOI Moderator's allowed it to be displayed. The "Banter" is personal views by members, but you may notice that it is same small number of them. The Poll proves that the above statement is incorrect from the Overall Membership's view point.

Do I get the impression that you may be trying to poach prospective members by using little Webmaster tricks by putting the following in your list of HTML KEYWORDS to get the WEB Search Engines to find your page?

<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="Irish, Ireland, EIRE, Irelands, MINI, mini, owners, Owner's, club, group, forum, community,[b] Mizen, Malin, MTM, IMOC, irishminis.ie[/b], irish, minis, moke, run, [b]southern region, eastern region, western region,[/b] day, [b]webmaster@irishminis.ie, mtm2005, mtm2006, mtm2007 [/b]">

These are my personal observations:
Last edited by BlackSe7en on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Kieran, apologies for putting you in a position where you felt the need to apologise on behalf of the club.

Ned, as the admin for the Mini C.of I. site, perhaps you might see fit to remove Alex's note on your forum regarding our B&B and Wacko Jacko. FYI, as I was doing some work in Michael Flatley's house myself yesterday, I can confirm that MJ didn't stay there either.

Billy
ned78
NON Member

Post by ned78 »

Yes, I run the website. No, I didn't put through the link description for irishminis.ie, there was no validation at the time for link approval. I have edited this now to reflect irishminis.ie in it's correct context, and have to apologise very very sincerecly and openly on behalf of the MCOI for this oversight.

With regard to the META Tags, well, all's fair in love and Webdesign :-) People have been doing this online for a long long time, it's pretty much an accepted practise, I'm suprise irishminis.ie doesn't have meta tags, or content descriptors!
ned78
NON Member

Post by ned78 »

[quote="Billy"]Kieran, apologies for putting you in a position where you felt the need to apologise on behalf of the club.

Ned, as the admin for the Mini C.of I. site, perhaps you might see fit to remove Alex's note on your forum regarding our B&B and Wacko Jacko. FYI, as I was doing some work in Michael Flatley's house myself yesterday, I can confirm that MJ didn't stay there either.

Billy[/quote]

That'd be my pleasure Billy. I'll have it done in a moment. And I'll announce on our forum that there is to be no further Billy or IMOC bashing.

[EDIT] This is now done. For the record, Alex's post seemed to be very light hearted, and intended to bring a smile. I couldn't see any malicious intent in it.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Back to the Mag

Post by Billy »

Right TMG/Black7, my article for the magazine has been submitted to the Editor. How are yers coming along?

Yours gloatingly,

Billy
BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Post by BlackSe7en »

Gave the Editor my 190 photos tonight at the Monthly meeting. Won't leave much space for text, and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and we are members of few words.
But have to say, no of my pics are as impressive as yours of the Moke you saw in Charlestown.
Perhaps TMG will put the words to my pics, cos he couldn't keep quiet all weekend in Poland (he even snored when asleep).
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

There's a fair difference between Charlestown and Charleville (about 75 miles on an old Mini's speedo)! No wonder ye got lost in Poland.

Billy
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Jackeens, huh!

:-)

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

[quote="Billy"]No wonder ye got lost in Poland. Billy[/quote]

Ah Billy, yes we did get lost, but it was like comming to Ireland and looking for Bally or Carrick. :-)

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member

Post by Billy »

Although this thread was started 2 months back in June, I'm not aware of any news on the club mag? Any update?

At the risk of having more of my posts censored/edited, I think it's dragging on a bit and as part of our membership is supposed to go towards the publication of a regular club mag, I think we're being a little shortchanged here. I know several people (including myself) have submitted articles for inclusion. Perhaps posts from the website/forum (which is excellent and credit to Simon for maintaining it) could be included in the newsletter for the benefit of those without access to the net.

Billy
kieran
NON Member

Club Magazine

Post by kieran »

Billy,

Im just back from my holiday, so I will be canvasing for articles to put a magazine together for end September.

Kieran