Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Mini-ing to Kerry

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

mini-jojo
NON Member

Mini-ing to Kerry

Post by mini-jojo »

Hi everyone,driving my mini from Bristol to Kerry on the 29th July.At British mini showdown yesterday overheard someone say"never drive a mini in Kerry"-now I'm scared,is there something I should know?!!!??!!!?? :roll: :?:

mini-jojo
NON Member

Post by mini-jojo »

Thanks Billy,thats good news and very helpful,you never know when your mini is going to throw a tantrum!I'll be there for 2 weeks so if any mini folks in Kerry want to meet up for a drink let me know.
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

some of the best roads on the first and second day of the mizen to malin run are in kerry so have no fear because its a giant playground of mini suited roads just mind the potholes some have their own weather patterns they are that big,only joking
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Re: 1st and 2nd day of MTM: Would that be doing MTM on the 1st day and coming back down again from Donegal on the 2nd?

Still hoping,

Billy
mini-jojo
NON Member

Post by mini-jojo »

I've been warned about the potholes allready,friend of mine took his mk1 cooper over couple of years back and said the potholes were bigger than the car!!Still looking forward to coming over though!
kerryminigringo
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Between an A series and a G13B
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 61 van,68 MKII,
75 Clubman estate,
80 1275GT
91 RSP Cooper

Post by kerryminigringo »

billy excuse my ignorance for thinking that the mtm was always a 3 day event,I never had the pleasure of doing the one day event but if your idea gets the go-ahead I,ll be there next year
mini-jojo
NON Member

Post by mini-jojo »

Just finished polishimg my mini,packed and ready to go!If anyone sees me please give me a beep,you can't miss me-got a white convertible with lots of chrome and a union jack painted on the boot,but I have got an irish flag to fly from the roll bar!!!
Thanks for your advice,
Jo x
city998
NON Member

Post by city998 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: 1st and 2nd day of MTM: Would that be doing MTM on the 1st day and coming back down again from Donegal on the 2nd?

Still hoping,

Billy

Sounds about right to me!!!