Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Who has Cobra Monaco Pro seats fitted?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

J145
NON Member

Who has Cobra Monaco Pro seats fitted?

Post by J145 »

I'm looking at options for replacement seats for my 88 Mayfair. As I'm hoping to take the car to the odd trackday (as well as multivenue autotests) I'm thinking of getting fixed bucket seats. At the moment Cobra Monaco Pro seats are the leading contenders. I've seen photos of Monaco S seats fitted in Minis with roll cages (which I will be adding in the future) and there doesn't appear to any clearance issues.

I was wondering who here has them fitted to their Mini (either with or without a rollcage) and how you've found them?

If there were anyone willing to meet me to let me try the seats for comfort and fit, that would be brilliant.

Thanks,

J.

macker
NON Member
Whats your location?: THE FRIDGE
Region: Aboard
What Minis have you?: 110bhp 1968 mkII
Modifications: NEW Custom flakey paint

Re: Who has Cobra Monaco Pro seats fitted?

Post by macker »

I had a set of Monaco S seats in my mini, they rubbed a little on the door pillar and could touch each other sometimes but they were fine, just a little too harsh on the old rear end for long journeys though :D
ImageImageImage
J145
NON Member

Post by J145 »

Funnily enough, it was a photo of your interior I found when searching the forum that started me looking at Monaco seats :D

I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has some.

Mackers car.... :)
guyfos
NON Member

Post by guyfos »

those seats are soon to be in my minis interior:P
dayoungfella
NON Member
Whats your location?: Stepaside, Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Mk1 Racer and Mk2 CKD

Post by dayoungfella »

Best bucket seats for a Mini are Cobra Clubmans I think. They're narrow at the top so fit in very well, they offer more support than most other bucket seats, they're cheaper than Monacos, and they're REALLY comfortable!

Neil
macker
NON Member
Whats your location?: THE FRIDGE
Region: Aboard
What Minis have you?: 110bhp 1968 mkII
Modifications: NEW Custom flakey paint

Post by macker »

dayoungfella wrote:Best bucket seats for a Mini are Cobra Clubmans I think. They're narrow at the top so fit in very well, they offer more support than most other bucket seats, they're cheaper than Monacos, and they're REALLY comfortable!

too true Neilykins, the first ever bucket seat i had in a mini, i kept it with me through many more until what i thought were better seats came up and i let it on, been thinking about getting a new set for a while
ImageImageImage
StevenR
NON Member

Post by StevenR »

dayoungfella wrote:Best bucket seats for a Mini are Cobra Clubmans I think. They're narrow at the top so fit in very well, they offer more support than most other bucket seats, they're cheaper than Monacos, and they're REALLY comfortable!

Would have to agree with Neil 2. I have these in my Mini, very comfortable and good fit. Never got sore once on the MtM weekend.
J145
NON Member

Post by J145 »

Thanks for the help guys, seats are a decent investment and I want to make sure I'll be able to live with the ones I get.

The Clubman is a nice looking seat and I like the fact it's not too broad at the shoulders as it means (hopefully) I won't have too much trouble fitting them.

I presume they don't come up secondhand too often so I'll have to save my pennies :D
StevenR
NON Member

Post by StevenR »

You'll have no probelm fitting them, i'll take a decent photo of mine over the weekend to show you the gap at shoulder height. Not sure if you've thought about but you may aswell say goodbye to carrying anybody in the back seat unless you get a pair of reclining buckets. You could always get a pair of reclining half buckets out of a scrap jap import, plenty of them about these days and make up a pair of subframes for them.
J145
NON Member

Post by J145 »

If you could take photos of your seats that would be great as it'd give me confidence that they will fit without difficulty. I'm not fussed about carrying passengers as this car is mainly for competition.
StevenR
NON Member

Post by StevenR »

Sorry for the delay, here you go

I have mine on universal frames so sit a bit high, but easily modded when i can be arsed
J145
NON Member

Post by J145 »

Thanks for taking the time to take the photos. :)

I can sense that my credit card is about to take a battering :lol:
StanO'Toole
NON Member
Whats your location?: South Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1995 Mini Mayfair
1994 Mini Sprite

Post by StanO'Toole »

:lol: It'll be worth it! And just in relation with Neils comment on Jap scrap, one of the most comfortable seats I'v sat in are from an Evo 2 which a friend of mine had in his Mini. Supportive enough to. But if your not going to be carrying passengers you may as well go all and out and get the real deal!
Getting old is a must but growing up is optional!

StanO'Toole :mrgreen:
StevenR
NON Member

Post by StevenR »

Neil's comment Stan? :roll: :lol:. The cover car on septembers issue of miniworld has them fitted if you want better pictures