Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

classic insurance ?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

jimbo19162
NON Member

classic insurance ?

Post by jimbo19162 »

hi lads just a quick question sorry if its been covered before but i couldn find the exact info so maybe you's can help me

Im 25 with full licence and would like to insure a 1990 mini as a 2nd weekend car on classic insurance is this possible or does car need to be 21 years old ?

Another problem I might have is ive spent the last 4 years as named driver and used my other half as main driver on the car was a few hundred cheaper this way . Im insured with quinn direct and i dont think they even insure cars that are 20 years old so anyone reccommend any names etc and ill get the oul phone out over the weekend and make a few calls see where i stand with this ?

Thanks a mill .

Jimbo

DaveC
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern

Re: classic insurance ?

Post by DaveC »

You should be able to insure a 1990 on a Classic policy, if you have an everyday car insured separately in your own name.

Try AXA
J145
NON Member

Post by J145 »

Join the Irish Vintage Society and you should qualify for their insurance scheme with FBD as the car only has to be 20 years old.
jimbo19162
NON Member

Post by jimbo19162 »

Thanks a mill I gave fbd a call there this morning and they will insure me on just regular insurance for third party only 470 and tpft for 520 so thats not bad at all in my eyes, best I've found by a good bit so it looks like fbd for me and prob have to classic insure it next year if i get it, it will be 21 years old then