Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Is it cheaper to order parts from england

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

bkeo
NON Member

Is it cheaper to order parts from england

Post by bkeo »

I want to get some stuff for my new mini like angel eye spotlights,clear indicators and a few other bits and pieces .
Could anyone recommend a dealer to get thrm off and would it be cheaper to order and get it delivered from one of the mini parts suppliers in england.

Im also planning on getting a stage one kit to liven it up a bit could anyone recommend what type of one to get and are they all yhe same.
What is the recommended exhaust pipe size for a 998cc mini cause i dont want to be loosing power or anything like that.Would a 2" one be too big?

Thank you

Ciaran
NON Member

Post by Ciaran »

Its cheapest im my experience to take a spin up to woods motors up north. Being from cork thats a bit far. I found Huddersfield spares to ship very cheaply but their stage 1 kit isnt very good. There are companies in the south but like everything here its still cheaper to order from abroad.
gerryk
NON Member

Post by gerryk »

http://www.woodsmotors.co.uk.just ordered some parts from this crowd up north.very reasonably priced compared to most places here.they have a courier service as well.
nannyc
NON Member

Post by nannyc »

I got my angel lights and that from mini sport in england, worked out way cheaper, got my alloys sent over from england too, think it was bout €200 cheaper.
PeterT
NON Member

Post by PeterT »

mini spares have arguabley the best stage1 kit you can get.there products are quality.i have a mini sport stage 1 on my 998 and its not the best tbh.
Quake
NON Member

Post by Quake »

I found Huddersfield spares in England to be very good. The range of stuff they have is limited but the prices and service is good. Got my wheels delivered for approx 300 euro cheaper than i could find in Eire - Thats not to be sniffed at. They do not charge the earth for carriage either.
bkeo
NON Member

Post by bkeo »

Ya i was looking in the mini magazines and huddersfield spares seem to have most of the stuff i want and the prices seem good aswell.

PeterT I didnt think that the different types of stage one kits would have much of a difference from each other.I thought they were all the same thing .Would you think it would be worth getting the mini spares one so if i was getting one and would upgrading to stainless enhance the performance in any way.

nannyc How do you find the angel eyes.Is the light from them good.
Im trying to decide between angel eyes and the crystal halogen ones huddersfield spares have.
I want to get angel eye spotlights aswell and i think the 4 angel eye spots and the 2 angel eye headlights would look good together
nannyc
NON Member

Post by nannyc »

yeah its pretty good and they look class