Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Zeemax Body Kits

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

sparkymh
NON Member

Zeemax Body Kits

Post by sparkymh »

Was thinking of giving the mini and face lift and was looking into a full Zeemax kit. Has anyone bought one of these from Zeemax and how easy are they to fit yourself?

Any thoughts?

Mark

zakgt
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Maynooth
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1962 - Morris Traveller MK1 - 1978 - 1275GT, 1998 - Sportspack

do not fibreglass directly onto the body

Post by zakgt »

If your putting a body kit on, I suggest you do not fibreglass it directly onto the body. I made that mistake a few years ago and used all flexi fillers, etc. and I have a lovely cracked seam all around the skirt.
bkeo
NON Member

Post by bkeo »

Ya i bought one around this time last year.I fitted it myself with a fellow i know there is not much work to do with these kits as your paying for the quality.Mine fitted straight onto the mini without having to go cutting at the bodykit or anything. It was pot rivited to the body and also fixed with a rubber type of adhesive all the way around to try and stop cracking.

I will warn u the kit is bound to crack on Irish roads .My front arches have cracked a couple of times were they meet the front bumper but theres not much i can do to stop this only keep fixing.
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

Kits can be fitted with a rubber seal between kit and body, not as nice looking but easier to maintain in the long run especialy if you have a different paint job. Seals are available from minispares.