Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

61 van restoration

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

MalcolmSkelly
NON Member

61 van restoration

Post by MalcolmSkelly »

Hi dudes, i have a '61 smoothie 850 with siome nice factory extras, like flush folding rear seat. I've just got the last of the steel for it so im hoping to start the body at the end of summer when i finish three other customers cars which are coming along slowly but surely.
Will post pics soon. Am determined to get the hang of my digital camera download! Its a grey/babyblu-ish colour.
There are some parts i would like to get my hands on. I have an early a-series 1275 block for it. I'm looking for hardy spicers/ cooper s drives for it. or if anyone has a limo diff - any type considered, but preferably not salisbury. Damaged box's maybe? Or any straight cut gears/drop gears. Also if there are any nice flywheels out there. I have a set of 74mm pistons and am looking for hardened rods or stroked crank to match. If anyone has any of these bits lying around that they don't want giz a buzz on 087 2936663. Will collect. I have a lot of other mini parts myself, more body orientated though, and would be open to bartering - in the 18thcentury sense of the word!! :twisted: :roll: 8) :lol: :P :shock: :evil: :mrgreen:

StevenR
NON Member

Re: 61 van restoration

Post by StevenR »

Is this the one that was in one of the mini magazines last year? Was found in a barn or something. I have a remote box from a cooper s that i wont be needing. As far as i know it works. I'll take pictures over the weekend if you want. To be honest i don't know how much its worth but how would 150 euro sound?
niallm
NON Member
Whats your location?: PORTLAOISE
Region: Eastern

Post by niallm »

Have a Straight cut box complete with diff

Ready to go

Perfect nick
MalcolmSkelly
NON Member

hi NiallM

Post by MalcolmSkelly »

would be interested in buying that box n diff off you. If you could text me your number i'll give you a call to arrange seeing you. Thanks , Mal.
Last edited by MalcolmSkelly on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MalcolmSkelly
NON Member

Attn StevenR

Post by MalcolmSkelly »

That sounds good. Will try and buy straight cut one first. Thanks for your reply. Mal.
niallm
NON Member
Whats your location?: PORTLAOISE
Region: Eastern

Post by niallm »

pm sent
StevenR
NON Member

Post by StevenR »

No worries Malcom, its there if you want it. I seperated it from the block today and it looks like its been reconditioned recently. It comes with the diff, diff housing and driveshaft couplings.
D.M.G.T
NON Member
Whats your location?: Lismoy
Newtownforbes
Region: Western

Post by D.M.G.T »

Any pics mal???
MalcolmSkelly
NON Member

Post by MalcolmSkelly »

No pics yet but have them in my camera and gt james has agreed to walk me through how to post them as i'm pretty crap at that! I'm doing the body as original as i can, but i feel more at home with a little poke an squealy whine, and that from the right spots before i leave myself open to ridicule dudes!